Sunday Ticket BYE, BYE?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
streaming to bars will likely cost a lot more then homes or homes may be locked down to only 1-2 live streams at an time. Also bars may need pay out there ass for an uncapped internet link.

Comcast for example has no data cap on their Business Broadband service, do not know if other services have it or not.

The cell tower backhaul would allow them to provide you with fixed wireless without any need for AirGig, and it wouldn't just be AT&T but any provider could do so (I don't know for sure, but I am assuming the cell tower owner provides the backhaul in the typical situation of a leased tower with more than one cellular provider renting space on it)

In some rural areas the electric company is selling internet access because they've already run fiber all over. Fixed wireless will make that a lot easier because they won't need run fiber all the way to the house so it becomes a LOT cheaper to do and won't require a big up front payment or commitment to three years of service like some do to defray that cost.

In north eastern Mi Frontier is running Fiber along with lots of new cell sites from AT&T I was surprised to see AT&T is actually trying to expand their network. Verizon expanded their network a few years back and is far superior.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Are these new cell sites filling in places where there was no service, or where service was 2G only? AT&T (and Tmobile) had a problem with 3G because GSM has a shorter range than 2G technology, or Verizon/Sprint's 3G CDMA technology. That's why a lot of rural areas were stuck on 2G - they'd have to add a bunch of new cell sites to cover them in 3G. LTE has longer reach so they have been able to go back and upgrade those old 2G sites straight to 4G - but the OTHER problem was most of those old sites didn't have fiber, they had a copper backhaul. So they had to either run fiber to those old 2G towers to upgrade them, or if that was too expensive put up new towers where the fiber was cheaper/easier to run.

That's the main reason Verizon has had better coverage in many rural areas for years, but now that AT&T is filling in the rural areas with LTE, they will be pretty much the same in another year or two.

With band 71, T-Mobile has come to the party.

I’d rather see 3 or 4 players in this market.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)