Please reply by conversation.

Sparkman

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Charlotte,NC
ESPN's Darren Rovell just tweeted:

BREAKING: NFL strikes deal with DirecTV for Sunday Ticket. 8 year deal, source says it is worth avg of $1.5 BILLION annually.
This is the last year of the NFL's 4-year deal with DirecTV worth $1B/year. New 8-year deal is 50% rise

According to Reuters the total value of the deal is $12 billion but the yearly rate starts well below $1.5 billion.

Thought for sure this would fall through, but dtv ponied a huge pile of money, and got what they wanted.I'm sure the proposed Att merger gave the support of a few more Billions.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

DIRECTV AND NFL REACH AGREEMENT TO CARRY THE NFL SUNDAY TICKET FOR EIGHTS MORE YEARS.

So, they have a deal, did it say anywhere if it is Exclusive with D* or not and any word about the U-Verse people getting in on the fun ?

this is kinda off topic but is worth saying , this why they paid the Commissioner $30 Millions because he make the owners money like this!

Could there be an amendment to or wording in the contract to also allow U-Verse to carry NFL ST once the AT&T-Directv merger is completed?
One of the articles or FAQs said that Uverse is to be folded in to DIRECTV as part of the transition.

this is kinda off topic but is worth saying , this why they paid the Commissioner $30 Millions because he make the owners money like this!
It's actually $44m that Goodell makes as Commish. And your implication implies Roger is only one of a few that could have bled DirecTV for that kind of cash. I find that premise hard to believe frankly.

Goodell has done well making $, but he's selling water in a desert - there's incredibly high demand for his product...

NFL ST subs had better get ready to take it in the short. 1.5 billion divided by 4 million NFL ST subs equals $375 per year...
No thanks. I will stick with Dish and the Red Zone for $12 per month.

NFL ST subs had better get ready to take it in the short. 1.5 billion divided by 4 million NFL ST subs equals $375 per year...
You forget to figure in the commercial customers that pay into the thousands of dollars for the package.

You forget to figure in the commercial customers that pay into the thousands of dollars for the package.
yeah..It's still gonna be $300. Commercial customers don't offset by that much.
I imagine it is a question of individual perception of value.
If the Red Zone channel did not exist and I was not a football pool participant/bettor, I would want to watch single games all the way through.

I find it extremely hard to watch MY team when having only the Red Zone channel.

If all you want to do is see 1/10th of the game, great, but you can't follow your team.

I find it extremely hard to watch MY team when having only the Red Zone channel.

If all you want to do is see 1/10th of the game, great, but you can't follow your team.
Oh..I watch RZ and put the Giants game on the satellite radio...

Oh..I watch RZ and put the Giants game on the satellite radio...
Now see, thats different ....

The RZ is great for the viewer that wants to see highlights of games ...
For those that follow thier teams religiously you can't go with just the RZ channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)