Super 4dtv sale!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
those do look like some fair deals.
A few questions however:

on the 905
Does the 905 process or pass ac-3? or will there be no sound at all on channels that are broadcast in ac-3? And just how many channels out there are DCII ac-3? I realize the 905 doesnt do DCII ku, but i am not too concerned about that, theres not a lot up there for DCII Ku that i want to watch.

on the 920
I have heard that the 920 has some issues with SVGA (ie will only output digital signals
via svga), are there other issues that i should be concerned about?

Ideally i want to slave a 4dtv to my pansat, with the pansat controlling BUD movement and polarity. That is why i am considering a sidecar, but if the sidecar wont process or pass ac-3 then i think its usefullness is limited.

I know this is kind of backwards to how must people do it, but most of the time i watch FTA. I am only thinking of getting a 4dtv because almost all of the channels that i do subscribe to are going to DCII.

You should note drhydro, that most of the latest channels to migrate to DCII have been put on X4. Which is ku as you know, although a few were placed on C-band, who's to say where the next ones will go. If you have my kind of luck, you'll get the sidecar (905) and the channel(s) you want will be put on ku-band. Lot's of luck on your choice. Also, if you get one of the other 2 digicipher receivers, you would always have a back-up for your VBOX.

Al

ahhhhhhhh i didnt notice that the latest channels were moved off of cband onto ku, guess that narrows my choices down to the 920. How will the 920 behave slaved to the pansat/ vbox II combo? Will the 920 throw a hissy fit when it realizes that it is not getting an actuator pulse? if it does i guess i can always hook up an actuator motor as a "dummy" to fool the 920 into thinking its moving the dish........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)