super dish fss lnb where to buy?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

et-wannabe

Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
hi i have a superdish with the lot#p310 lnb's, which after reading these forums [which by the way are great] are known to be bad. my problem is like alot of others lose signle during day get single at night.
my big question is where can i buy these at and what is a reasonable price. i've checked locally and found $100 to be the price. searched the net but no joy.

thx

welcome to Satellite Guys! how long ago were yo installed? if it wasn't long ago you might still be in warranty.

If you have a bad one, call Dish and they should replace it for free.

My grandma had a bad DishPro Twin that was one of the “bad apples” batch. She called Dish and went through the technical stuff, gave them the serial numbers and they shipped her a new one for me to replace. All we had to do was send the old one back.

install

installed 2 years ago, i've called dish tech-no-support they replied they never heard such a thing. iwill have to call them in the daytime when it's not working . i work during the day and have called them at nite when it was working, so they couldn;t help.

If you got it 2 years ago then it is no longer under warranty as the manufacturer's warranty is only for one year.

Warranty has been extended on the "bad apples". Take it in to your local dealer, if you puchased locally, and he will swap it for free. :) Dish will reimburse your dealer for his trouble.

If you got it from some 800 number, good luck. :(

one year warranties only apply to those that have purchased theyr equipment, if the customer has signed up on a dha or dhp then there is a lifetime warranty on the hardware. Since the csr said they never heard of it its likely that you were talking to a normal csr and not someone in advanced tech support.

You need to talk to tech support Dish is aware of this problem and will replace it for free. They had a bad batch and are aware of the problem. Its just like the DP Twin 9601 no expiration on the warranty if its bad have your retailer replace it or dish will send you a new one to do it yourself.

If none of the above works you could try getting the DHPP warranty for $6 a month and then after you get your replacement part you could cancel it (or keep it if you think its worth it). If you get the warranty you do not even have to pay for shipping. You only have to pay $29 if you have someone come out to your house.

i called dish talked with there advance tech support they said my problem was a heat sensetive lnb, and they could send a tech to look at it for $49 plus the cost of the part or i could call a local tech support. i asked if dish could send me a new one since it was a known problem she said they don't handle the parts. she suggfested i buy there monthly service plan for $5.99 a month then the service call would only be $29 plus parts. talk about tech no-support!!!!!!!!!! any suggestions

also how do i tell which lnb is the bad one, expect to disconnect the cable of each one at a time

depending on which SD you have

if you have the 105 SD it will be the one on the far left (if you are in front of the dish facing it)
121 SD will be the far right :)

It should say "FSS" or "KU Band" on it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts