Super Dish Installation Questions

kirkdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
I just found out from the message that the super dish I'm getting tommorrow is too big to mount on the eve of the roof. Just how big is it? They said it has to be mounted on a pole that they supply. Do they put the pole up? How far from the house will they put it and will they bury the lines? Also what direction, south or east must it point and approx. what point in the sky, 12 oclock, 1 oclock, etc. or if a 90 degree angle what angle would it be?

Have other people mounted the super dish to their roofs? I wish it could go on the roof, I didn't want it in the yard. :mad:

kirkdj, our street has four or five SDs, and all but one are on peoples' roofs. The local installer uses an angled pipe mount with a pair of smaller legs to form a tripod.

??

Does the main mast pole of the dish mount in the eve facial board and then two smaller legs under it to support it? Where on the roof are they being mounted?

I haven't seen one mounted off the fascia board; all of the SD roof mounts I've seen are on the shingled section.

As I answered in your other identical post, :( you can NOT mount a StupiDish onto fascia board, 2x6 or anything else that weak.

Between the weight and the wind load, IMO, there's three choices, tri-mast on the roof, tri-mast on the wall, ground pole.

Yes, I know there's lots of single mast installations out there - but there's also lots of re-peaking due to shifts, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts