super dish installed but cant get locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

riseagain28

Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
I had the super dish installed professionally (maybe not so professional) and I can not get locals on the 105 like I am supposed to. I get an error message that says error with the switch or something like that. The csr's had me do a bunch of checking switch and looking at the satellite strength but all they said must be an error in the installation somewhere, and an installer will be here in a week. Is there something I can check or do while waiting? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Are you getting 110 and 119 channels like you are supposed to? Check channel 230 and 9900. Channel 230 comes off of the 119 satellite and 9900 comes off of the 110 satellite. Channel 7000 is for SuperDish 105 location so that channel may not even be in your Guide if your not receiving 105 correctly. Make sure that there is a skew on the dish where it looks like it is tilted and also check to make sure all the wires are connected on the switch.

Press the -> MENU button on your remote then press - 6 - then - 1 - then - 1 - again to get to the Signal Strength Screen, Select Check Switch, View the Installation Summary and see if it says at the top Port 1, 2, 3 ; Satellite 105, 110, 119 ; Trans OK OK OK ; and Polarity/Device Feed Feed Dual and switch detected DP34. If you see anything other than this then something is wrong and you will want to see if it says Conn or any X's. When it says Conn it means its detecting a connection at the switch but no signal.

I am getting all my other channels from the 119 and 110 satellite. It has an x under 105 and says feed under that, and the status says reception error. Thank you!

Back up to the signal strength at menu-6-1-1 and see if there is any signal strength at sat 105, transponer 15 for instance. If so, Test or Check switch to see if it now finds it and changes the X to OK.

I did that. I checked and there was signal strength at about 56. I went and checked switch again and it still came up with an x.

The SD could be out by a hair and you would lose 105. Our's at the shop needs to be realigned now, I haven't had the time to go on the roof and adjust it. The 105 is so weak it is hard to bring in. Also what kind of receiver do you have, the X22's are very picky about 105.

My receiver is the 522. When I move the transponder and get a signal strength good enough for 105 i check the switch and get the x still. When I go back to the point dish screen the transponder has changed back. I don't know if that means anything. It sounds like I may have to go out and adjust the dish.

The transponder will change depending on the channel your on. You need to have someone to watch the screen and let you know when the highest signal is reached on say transponder 2 of the 105 sat. That is the lowest transponder that operates, find the highest signal may only be 1/16" off, happened to me. Lock it down and run a switch test, should come back with 105, feed, all. If thats not it, then there could be a bad wire from the 105 lnb to the switch.

This happened to me a couple of times. The signal strength is so low on 105, it's a bear to get the switch test to work. I think the only active transponder on 105 is 18, but I may be wrong there. The other day I had signal of 60, today I have 30.

To answer the question, you may have to try the switch test a couple of times in a row to get it to work. If you still have no luck, you may have a bad switch. That actually happened to me, but after the techs replaced it, they also "re-peaked" the dish. And, I didn't know at the time, this may have caused me a problem with my locals since I lose them a lot during rain. I'm waiting for the 105 replacement sat which I hope will be live by summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)