super dish

cheito

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
usa
hi guys need help i have a super dish with two lmbs in closed box and one out in the outside need help how to set it up like what is the scew level and the two lnbs in the box are these the 119,110 orbits and what is the outside one like. do you have like a diagram picture so i can see this set up thanks. i ive in the usa new on how to set up a super dish i do know how to set up a dish 500

hi guys need help i have a super dish with two lmbs in closed box and one out in the outside need help how to set it up like what is the scew level and the two lnbs in the box are these the 119,110 orbits and what is the outside one like. do you have like a diagram picture so i can see this set up thanks. i ive in the usa new on how to set up a super dish i do know how to set up a dish 500

If it's the old Superdish, it receives 110 and 119 and either 105 or 121. Neither 105 nor 121 are used for programming any longer. Install instructions including pointing info:

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Dishnetwork/Dishes/SuperDISH_Installation_Instruction_Manual.pdf

thanks you said 105 is no longer in use so how can i get hd on this dishcould the 105 be replaced with 129 on this dis ??

thanks you said 105 is no longer in use so how can i get hd on this dishcould the 105 be replaced with 129 on this dis ??

No. Because of satellite orbital spacing you need a 1000.2 LNB assembly. Also the LNB for 105 or 121 was not a DBS LNB but one for FSS frequencies. The 1000.2 dish and LNB usually run $80-$90 or so from the site sponsors like DishStore and Sadoun or eBay. You also could use the Superdish for 110 and 119 and then another Dish 500 or 300 antenna with a dual or single LNB for 129 with the outputs of all three sat positions fed into a switch. By the time you do all that you might as well get a 1000.2 antenna. It has a built-in switch and can feed up to 3 dual tuner DP receivers.

Just to complicate things, there *IS* a Super Dish 105 repoint kit made by DNS. It's designed for situations (and markets) where a person would want to receive programming from the 129 versus the 105.

Check with Claude at Dishstore.Net (one of this sites sponsors) to see if he has any available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)