SUPER-DMA is ready! Hartford, CT is the first to get it!

I am getting everything I should be getting here. I am directly in Central Connecticut and have no problem with any of the Connecticut stations and also no problems with the Springfield Mass stations.

Also I am happy to report that my guide has filled in nicely. :D

Great! Anyone else?

Please keep in mind, that some of you might be able to receive channels that are not currently part of your Hartford Super-DMA map, in which case you will not have PG listings for those channels. Please make sure to post such channels here as well, so VOOM could add them to the map.

Ilya said:
Please keep in mind, that some of you might be able to receive channels that are not currently part of your Hartford Super-DMA map, in which case you will not have PG listings for those channels. Please make sure to post such channels here as well, so VOOM could add them to the map.

WCBS RF 56
WWOR RF 38
WNYW RF 44
WABC RF 45
WPIX RF 33
WNBC RF 28

All these channels are from Empire state building in NYC. In western CT I get these plus Hartford stations. It would be great to have guide info for these. At least since we have scannning I get the channels, so it isn't the end of the world if we can't get data. Although if we get the dvr we probobly need it.

pmalve, could you please post the channel numbers too? (Not just RF numbers) Thanks!

pmalve said:
WCBS RF 56
WWOR RF 38
WNYW RF 44
WABC RF 45
WPIX RF 33
WNBC RF 28

All these channels are from Empire state building in NYC...
Ok, pmalve, your list will be added to the map shortly (possibly today). Let me know when you start getting the PG info for these channels.

Anything else missing from the Hartford map?

New to voom

IM a little confused about what dma is and also are these stations gonna come thorugh the dish or thorugh the digital antenna.I live in rural north central pa and i get no locals from anywhere.Will it be possible soon that they will be filtered thorugh the dish and i can at least get nyc stations or l.a. stations?All i care mostly about at this point is that i would like fox and nbs and cbs and abc cause i watch mostly shows that come on those stations.BUt for now im stuck with broadcast basic on cable and voom for the rest mostly for hd programing.Any help would be great i know im sorry im a newb but catching on slowly...

vurbano said:
This is going to go city by city? ridiculous.
They are planning to roll out 5 to 10 DMAs per day, starting early next week. Hartford was just a first experiment.

We with 75+ DMA's that means VOOM will be alive at least 8 to 15 days if its going to take them that long to roll it out. :D

Mine is working great. Very simple to setup.

bigmarkhd said:
IM a little confused about what dma is and also are these stations gonna come thorugh the dish or thorugh the digital antenna.I live in rural north central pa and i get no locals from anywhere.Will it be possible soon that they will be filtered thorugh the dish and i can at least get nyc stations or l.a. stations?
DMA is Designated Market Area. Each DMA has its own channel map which specifies which channels you get program listings for, based on which DMA your zip-code belongs to. Program listings are sent by VOOM via satellite, though channels themselves come Over-the-Air (OTA). VOOM has not announced any plans to send local channels via satellite. So, I wouldn't count on it...

Scott Greczkowski said:
We with 75+ DMA's that means VOOM will be alive at least 8 to 15 days if its going to take them that long to roll it out. :D
They actually have 200+ maps, and the roll-out is expected to take 6 weeks or so. (Business as usual ;))

Ilya said:
Ok, pmalve, your list will be added to the map shortly (possibly today). Let me know when you start getting the PG info for these channels.

Anything else missing from the Hartford map?

Thanks Ilya for your help. I will let you know when program info is on. Thanks again.

Ilya said:
DMA is Designated Market Area. Each DMA has its own channel map which specifies which channels you get program listings for, based on which DMA your zip-code belongs to. Program listings are sent by VOOM via satellite, though channels themselves come Over-the-Air (OTA). VOOM has not announced any plans to send local channels via satellite. So, I wouldn't count on it...
So your saying since i do not recieve any channels via the digital antenna im out of luck untill some form of nbc,cbs,abc,fox,wb come through the dish?

bigmarkhd said:
So your saying since i do not recieve any channels via the digital antenna im out of luck untill some form of nbc,cbs,abc,fox,wb come through the dish?
I am afraid that's the case. Check with your neighbors. Perhaps an upgraded antenna can help. If you are certain that it is impossible to get any local stations where you are, see if you can get a broadcast-only package from a cable company.

The roll out (as Ilya stated) will start Monday. It will be 5 maps per day (Monday - Thursday). It will go to 10 the following week. It will take 6 weeks (as Ilya stated) to do all of them. We will hopefully get a schedule of the roll out and we'll post as soon as we get it. As the roll out occurs, there will be channels without PGI initially. If that's the case, please report them here or in the new thread that will be created once the schedule is known.

Ilya said:
They actually have 200+ maps, and the roll-out is expected to take 6 weeks or so. (Business as usual ;))

There are 210 DMAs, but of course the 4 that are in Alaska and Hawaii shouldn't be counted.

I wonder if they will go in DMA order or by Alphabetical order. If DMA order I'll let you know what shows up Thursday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)