Super Fan Blackout Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

raymo721

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
Today I was able to watch the Skins game (no smart remarks, I'm still pissed!!) not only on the local OTA CBS station but also on ch719 for SFHD. Shortly after the start of the 3rd quarter the SFHD feed stoped and the "program not available in your area" msg came up. This also happend last week, but since I can get the OTA FOX and CBS feeds, I didn't really care, but I'm just curious as to why they allow the SAT feeds for 3/4 of the game and then shut it off? There were 90,000+ at both weeks games at FEDX field, so less than a sellout was not a blackout issue or am I missing something. Enlighten me.---Ray

If your local station carries the game, then no HD on Superfan. They mess up every once in awhile. Today I got the first half of the Colts - Bengals that was televised on the local CBS channel and then the Program not available in your area came up.

At least it worked in your favor! Last week the local channel was to going to broadcast the Steeler/Packer game, but decided to stay with the "extra coverage" of an earlier game that was looking interesting. Mind you, it wasn't the scheduled earlier game, just another game that was close.

Thankfully, D* caught it fairly quickly, but we missed the KO and a couple plays on the big screen. Had to watch the tiny mix chan. I think it was at half time, after the local had been broadcasting the game for 1.5 quarters, D* turned it off again. I know they used to scroll a warning to switch, but I don't know if they do on the HD chans or not.

I also wonder how they watch so many local channels (130 DMAs currently?) to see when things are not as they should be. Thats a lot of screens!

Cheers,
Tom

This is done on purpose.

You will see the first half of the late games on SuperFan. This is so if there is an overlap between the early and late game your local station is showing, you can still see the beginning of the late game on SuperFan. At halftime you will see the message that the program is not available and you will have to tune to your local station to see the second half.

Chris

CRendall said:
This is done on purpose.

You will see the first half of the late games on SuperFan. This is so if there is an overlap between the early and late game your local station is showing, you can still see the beginning of the late game on SuperFan. At halftime you will see the message that the program is not available and you will have to tune to your local station to see the second half.

Chris
I guess they can pi$$ off more people that way

tibber said:
At least it worked in your favor! Last week the local channel was to going to broadcast the Steeler/Packer game, but decided to stay with the "extra coverage" of an earlier game that was looking interesting. Mind you, it wasn't the scheduled earlier game, just another game that was close.

Thankfully, D* caught it fairly quickly, but we missed the KO and a couple plays on the big screen. Had to watch the tiny mix chan. I think it was at half time, after the local had been broadcasting the game for 1.5 quarters, D* turned it off again. I know they used to scroll a warning to switch, but I don't know if they do on the HD chans or not.

I also wonder how they watch so many local channels (130 DMAs currently?) to see when things are not as they should be. Thats a lot of screens!

Cheers,
Tom

The same thing happened in my area yesterday. The Colts-Bengals game was supposed to be shown locally at 4:15pm, but the local CBS station decided to show the overtime conclusion to the Steelers-Ravens game. (Mind you, the Dolphins-Browns game had ended early, so CBS switched over to the end of the Steelers' game. So, it wasn't like the local affiliate was forced to stay with a game it had shown all along). By the time the Steelers-Ravens game was over, the score in the Colts-Bengals game was already 14-10!!!!

Because my local station was showing the overtime game, and was scheduled to show the Colts-Bengals game, I wasn't able to watch the beginning of the Colts-Bengals game on the Sunday Ticket. Thankfully, I have the NFL SuperFan upgrade. I was able to "watch" the Colts game on the game mix channel. Granted, it was a tiny screen (1 out of 8 screens). But at least I could hear the commentary and see the plays if I really squinted.

I couldn't watch the Colts/Bengals on Super Fan HD, but it was working on the SD version of the game. It was fixed after the OT game ended.

aec4 said:
I couldn't watch the Colts/Bengals on Super Fan HD, but it was working on the SD version of the game. It was fixed after the OT game ended.
I am so spoiled now. I just cannot watch the games in SD!! I wish the HD pack included Showtime HD, HBO HD, and the SF games, but I know that ain't happening anytime soon. I want to thank all who replied. You're explanations were all a great help. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!--Ray

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)