Super Fan Fiasco

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greybeard

Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
I use Super Fan to watch The Cleveland Browns in HD. I don't care about all the other nonsense like multiple games on a screen, etc. About half way through the season, I had watched only two Browns' games in HD so I decided to cancel Super Fan portion of ST. Two out of eight didn't cut it for me. Anyway, I called D and canceled Super Fan which the agent was glad to do. After several weeks I checked to see what my refund on the unused portion of SF would be and found out that it had not been posted. I called D and was told that canceling SF was not allowed and there would be no refund. I was told that I should have known because it was in print that such was the case. At that point I told the agent to turn me back on which he did. OK, I should have read the fine print. It was probably my fault. However, I should have been told about the rule by the guy who willingly canceled SF. The point is that I missed four games, three of which were in HD. What do you think I should be given as remuneration for the missed games? I haven't bothered to call yet.

I use Super Fan to watch The Cleveland Browns in HD. I don't care about all the other nonsense like multiple games on a screen, etc. About half way through the season, I had watched only two Browns' games in HD so I decided to cancel Super Fan portion of ST. Two out of eight didn't cut it for me. Anyway, I called D and canceled Super Fan which the agent was glad to do. After several weeks I checked to see what my refund on the unused portion of SF would be and found out that it had not been posted. I called D and was told that canceling SF was not allowed and there would be no refund. I was told that I should have known because it was in print that such was the case. At that point I told the agent to turn me back on which he did. OK, I should have read the fine print. It was probably my fault. However, I should have been told about the rule by the guy who willingly canceled SF. The point is that I missed four games, three of which were in HD. What do you think I should be given as remuneration for the missed games? I haven't bothered to call yet.

What package do you subscribe to? If you have premier it comes with it. If you don't then you should be able to cancel anytime, and the credit should post instantly to your account after you get off the phone with the CSR.

I have Choice Plus

I think I will wait until the end of the season and then call and complain. I might get it both ways that way. I can dream, can't I?

What package do you subscribe to? If you have premier it comes with it. If you don't then you should be able to cancel anytime, and the credit should post instantly to your account after you get off the phone with the CSR.

whoa nellie. i have premier and it didn't come with it. i had to ask retention for a freebie. super fan doesn't always come with sunday ticket, either. it depends on when you sub to ST.

and as far as i know, you can't cancel any sports subscription, once the season starts. that should include super fan. sorry, but it sounds like, yet, another CSR who gave you bad info!

Do any of you know when D* and the NFL will have ALL games in HD on Sunday's. As the original poster states only 2 of the first 8 Browns games were in HD on SuperFan, I'm hoping next year, all games are in HD as part of the SF package.

next year sunday ticket will be broadcasting in mpeg4 from the new satellites. as to whether or not, cbs increases their hd coverage, is up to cbs!

Cbs

AHHHHH, so it's CBS that is dragging their feet. I noticed our SF CBS affiliate still broadcasts the local evening news in SD, whereas the FOX and ABC SF outlets broadcast the local news in HD. Sounds like CBS is behind the times across the board.

1. u were wrong because u should have known that as the browns played well almost all their games would be in hd for the last 2/3 of the season (as they have basically turned out to be).

2. all nfl games by all the networks will be hd next year....was part of the latest tv deal.

whoa nellie. i have premier and it didn't come with it. i had to ask retention for a freebie. super fan doesn't always come with sunday ticket, either. it depends on when you sub to ST.

and as far as i know, you can't cancel any sports subscription, once the season starts. that should include super fan. sorry, but it sounds like, yet, another CSR who gave you bad info!

If you have premier it is factored in the price, and cannot be removed from premier, I never said it could, but if you don't have premier, then you should be able to cancel any package when you wish, there will be a $10 charge to downgrade.

Sports Premium add-ons like NFL Sunday Ticket, SuperFan, NBA League Pass, etc are all non-cancelable and non-refundable after the very first minute on the very first game they air for that paid season. They are no included in any channel packages or their pricing, they are purely premium add-ons. And as stated above the programmin on them is controled by the league and the broadcast network; DirecTV simply retransmits what they are sent and are also bound to apply the agreed to blackout rules as setup by the league via zip codes/market areas.

1. u were wrong because u should have known that as the browns played well almost all their games would be in hd for the last 2/3 of the season (as they have basically turned out to be).

2. all nfl games by all the networks will be hd next year....was part of the latest tv deal.

Where did you find this info in # 2 ?
This is up to CBS and I have yet to see anything from CBS stating such, it would be nice and I DO hope they finally do catch up to FOX as far as NFL HD goes.
Please post if you remember where you saw it.

Jimbo

Seems I remember CBS saying the same thing was to happen for this season and they failed (right Jimbo), but as stated by all this is NOT a DirecTV issue.

Sports Premium add-ons like NFL Sunday Ticket, SuperFan, NBA League Pass, etc are all non-cancelable and non-refundable after the very first minute on the very first game they air for that paid season. They are no included in any channel packages or their pricing, they are purely premium add-ons. And as stated above the programmin on them is controled by the league and the broadcast network; DirecTV simply retransmits what they are sent and are also bound to apply the agreed to blackout rules as setup by the league via zip codes/market areas.

Thanks Charper,
I couldn't have typed it out any better myself :up

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)