Super High Dollar DSR-922

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I got the battery changed out in the 922, and it's VCII board on Sunday afternoon by my neighbor.

I paid close attention, and he gave me some pointers, and this morning, I changed out the battery on a spare VCII board I had here extra all by myself.

The C-Band FAQ section has a host of good information and links for jobs like this. If you haven't read through them, you should.

Fred

I stopped at one of our famous Rat Shacks to get a battery for my 922 and got in an arguement with the Manager. He was telling me, I had to bring in the old battery, so they could match it up. I tried to tell him I couldn't take the battery out without losing the receivers Identity. I told him "All I need is a 3.6v Lithium Battry". He said he would not sell me one without trying to match it up first. I told him where he could go, and where he could stick his Store. I found and bought me a 3.6v battery with leads from FourAker Electronics a couple of weeks ago. I plan to do mine soon, my Digital Pak from NPS expires sometime next month on the 920, and I plan to have the 922's battery replaced before that happens. Then switch the service over to the 922. Thanks for the Encouragement and Inspiration to do this Fred.

Al

Hey Al,

I watched pretty closely when the neighbor changed out the 920's battery a few months ago, and again yesterday.

The 920 has two extra holes to put the new leads in. Same as the VCII boards.

The 922 however had only one extra hole on the negative side. The positive side lead has to be soldered into the same hole as the existing battery which is a little more tricky.

The VCII board with the two extra holes that I did was pretty easy. A steady hand, which I don't have is a big plus. Mine doesn't look nearly as professional as his, but it will hold. I put some hot glue around the joint just to make sure it won't vibrate loose.

Edit: I have bought 4 of these from Batteries Plus. They will spot weld the leads on for a couple extra buck. I bought the last one for my VCII board from Wholesale Batteries. Their price was a little better, and they put the leads on free.

Fred

do you think its easier to solder the connections. i thought about getting the a battery tray and just connecting the ends with a aligator type clip. don't know if that would hold ..... don't know yet when or how i will do mine but i that i think 3 that will nedd it done 1 920 and 2 vc boards.

linuxman. geez man i'd love to have your luck. i did run into a 10ft dish with a dsr-920 recently for 50$ but no 922. i replaced the bat in the 920 and its fine with me . i love it. its better than nothing right :) good luck on ur find man. im glad ur keepin the hobby ALIVE. :)

Hey George,

I wouldn't trust something as valuable as a 4DTV receiver to an aligator clip. It only takes a second of battery loss to totally ruin the board. I also think the solder connection is the only way to have long term voltage stability for the connection.

Hey Chefwan,

You are pretty lucky yourself to find a 10' dish with a 920 for $50.00. I would take one of them for that price any day. :cool:

Fred

ya it works great i love it. i wish i could find someone to pick up my 12ft paraclipse i dont have any room for it i had to take it down. if anyone needs one and lives close to Aiken Sc. let me know i'll take 40$ for it. as i paid 75

Hey George,

I wouldn't trust something as valuable as a 4DTV receiver to an aligator clip. It only takes a second of battery loss to totally ruin the board. I also think the solder connection is the only way to have long term voltage stability for the connection.

Hey Chefwan,

You are pretty lucky yourself to find a 10' dish with a 920 for $50.00. I would take one of them for that price any day. :cool:

Fred

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)