super joey dead hdmi port

mikeinaustin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
No longer outputs via hdmi but does via composite. I know the tv is good because if i leave one end of the hdmi cable connected to the tv and connect the other end to my laptops hdmi port then video appears. if i then remove from laptop and plug into super joey, video goes black again. again, the rest of the unit appears fully functional including composite video

i've tried resetting to factory defaults, changing hdmi cable, powering off for hours, etc.

anyone else have their hdmi port die on them?

And he may have already done that. My take away was he was wanting to know if anyone else had experienced dead HDMI ports on these before, and if it was a common issue.
No need to be rude in the reply.
That was not my take on his question, since DISH has produced receivers with HDMI ports they have had failures. The only cure has been to replace the defective receiver.

No longer outputs via hdmi but does via composite. I know the tv is good because if i leave one end of the hdmi cable connected to the tv and connect the other end to my laptops hdmi port then video appears. if i then remove from laptop and plug into super joey, video goes black again. again, the rest of the unit appears fully functional including composite video

i've tried resetting to factory defaults, changing hdmi cable, powering off for hours, etc.

anyone else have their hdmi port die on them?

That was not my take on his question, since DISH has produced receivers with HDMI ports they have had failures. The only cure has been to replace the defective receiver.

How can your take on his question be any different than his actual only question in the post? He asked if anyone else had an HDMI port die on them. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. To answer his question, I haven't had that issue, ever, but I've heard of it many times.

How can your take on his question be any different than his actual only question in the post? He asked if anyone else had an HDMI port die on them. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. To answer his question, I haven't had that issue, ever, but I've heard of it many times.
Boba has a tendency to get up on the wrong side of the bed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts