Super Joey Specs

It says Each shared MoCA network can include only one Super Joey, one Hopper receiver and up to three Joeys (supporting five TVs).

Does this mean you can not have two hoppers in the network?

No wiring diagrams available yet but they did say they are working on them. Dish has said that only one Super Joey will be allowed per account and Super Joeys with not be allowed on 2 Hopper accounts.

Edit: Sounds like diagrams may be available as soon as next week.

I presume there is no need to use the Ethernet port if connected to a bridging enabled Hopper via coax.

"Super Joeys with not be allowed on 2 Hopper accounts."

I'd like to know MORE! Bandwidth?

Yea Scott asked during CES and that was the answer Vivek gave Scott, was bandwith, believe me before that I was looking forward to a new set up of Two hoppers and a super Joey to replace my Joey, but no go :(

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I wonder how hard they will make it to swap out a second Hopper with a Super Joey. I think this would be perfect for my parents account with 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys. In addition to avoiding the new second hopper fee it would make everything easier for them. Basically they have a Hopper in the main living room with both Joeys paired to it. They have a second hopper in the finished basement with nothing else running off it.

They aren't tech savvy and I set it up this way so they would be able to find all their recordings. If I paired a hopper to the second Joey they wouldn't understand why their recordings weren't showing up in the DVR list. This means the main hopper sometimes has conflicts while the second hopper is mostly used for live sports when my dad has people over in the finished basement. I would have just put a joey in there from the start but when it was setup I still lived in their house so we had a 3rd joey in my bedroom paired to the second hopper. I moved out shortly after installation and we sent that Joey back.

A super Joey in the basement would give them 2 more tuners integrated into their main hopper. I realize that this would be one less tuner than they have now but they aren't taking advantage of those tuners now anyways because they aren't integrated. This would likely get rid of their occasional conflicts. I would like to switch it out for them but not if it is going to cause a 2 year extension. I would also like to do this myself if possible so they don't have to take a day off work to wait for an installer. Would I be able to just remove the second hopper from the COAX off the duo node and replace it with a super joey or is it more complicated than that?

Edit: assuming connecting over ethernet instead of MOCA like the current Joey works I could easily do that.

In my mind it seems like it should work like that as far as the wiring is concerned. However, my bet would be on a 2 year contract extension, unless you're looking to possibly purchase the SJ.

Nothing to support that opinion, but that would be my guess.

In my mind it seems like it should work like that as far as the wiring is concerned. However, my bet would be on a 2 year contract extension, unless you're looking to possibly purchase the SJ.

Nothing to support that opinion, but that would be my guess.

Depending on pricing, that might be a better option than locking in for another 2 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)