Super Joey wiring

Actually, if there's only one Hopper only one half of the duo node is powered.

When my original 2H 1J setup was installed, only two lines were run inside from the Duo Node. Both of those lines went to Host ports. The second line had a tap installed and it then went to the second Hopper and my Joey. I returned the Hopper that was fed by the line from the tap, so the only thing on the second Host port was a Joey. Everything worked fine. I guess it's possible that a Joey is capable of powering half a Duo Node, but a SJ is not.

After this discussion, I moved the tap to the first Host port that feeds my Hopper. Both are now on one Host port. Not sure this was necessary, but I didn't want to risk overloading my Joey.

Had similar issue when they came out to install super joey with a two hopper slings. Technical support said it couldn't be done due to billing couldn't activate on account and banwith and problems with moca. They wouldn't change the dual node to two Sigel or consider a new three head dish to run the need coaxials. My question is if the hoppers are cognected to the internet not through the moca why due you need moca? All devices are wireless and could be separate from each other. The super joey with its intergrator could be paired with one hopper sling. Dish needs to figure this out!

Last edited:
Had similar issue when they came out to install super joey with a two hopper slings. Technical support said it couldn't be done due to billing couldn't activate on account and banwith and problems with moca. They wouldn't change the dual node to two Sigel or consider a new three head dish to run the need coaxials. My question is if the hoppers are cognected to the internet not through the moca why due you need moca? All devices are wireless and could be separate from each other. The super joey with its intergrator could be paired with one hopper sling. Dish needs to figure this out!

Dish needs to figure out just what I said earlier and thats how to only need 1 single RG6 3Ghz line from the LNB to a central point (node) or build the node into the LNB to avoid the triple lines. See, Dish doesn't care and would rather make the tech suffer and your home look like sh*t with all the lines they run everywhere.

Put the node outside and run one line into the home. Your two or three Sat lines are probably already together since dual coax is used. I agree that only one line would be optimal but I'm not sure I understand how it is such an impact that you have to run two lines to the node instead of one. Dish is always coming out with new technology so I'm sure that they are always innovating and finding problems to issues or simplifying things. I'm sure we'll continue to see new things in the future because that's what is needed to remain competitive in this space.

Put the node outside and run one line into the home. Your two or three Sat lines are probably already together since dual coax is used. I agree that only one line would be optimal but I'm not sure I understand how it is such an impact that you have to run two lines to the node instead of one. Dish is always coming out with new technology so I'm sure that they are always innovating and finding problems to issues or simplifying things. I'm sure we'll continue to see new things in the future because that's what is needed to remain competitive in this space.

I like new things, gets me excited! :D

Dish needs to figure out just what I said earlier and thats how to only need 1 single RG6 3Ghz line from the LNB to a central point (node) or build the node into the LNB to avoid the triple lines. See, Dish doesn't care and would rather make the tech suffer and your home look like sh*t with all the lines they run everywhere.

Maybe it would be good if Dish and Direct combined forces. The could develop one single Super Duper switch that will allow customers to run at least 10 DVRs that have at least 6 satellite and two OTA tuners.

OK,here is a possible "unsupported" wiring set-up scenario for 2 Hoppers,1 or 2 Super Joey's,& a duo node ready to be shot down,since we know that the Super Joey needs a third line from the LNB to run through the integrator,but the duo node also needs all 3 lines from the LNB connected to it,why wouldn't "theoretically" placing a 2-way splitter(3-way if you are going with 2 Super Joeys) on the 3rd line to run 1 line to the integrator & the other line to the duo node(with a 3-way splitter,run a line to each integrator & to the duo node) not work? Because you know that there is going to be one brave,adventurous soul out there who is going to try.

You are tempting me. Please stop, I am weak!

Maybe it would be good if Dish and Direct combined forces. The could develop one single Super Duper switch that will allow customers to run at least 10 DVRs that have at least 6 satellite and two OTA tuners.

Tell the fcc to get off thier rump and let em combine forces.

But then pay to the tech would probably suffer.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Don't worry dude. When things go completely wireless Dish won't need your service and will let you go from thier slavery and vangrant sustain for your wellbeing.

You should drop your shop and go in-house. Based on your experience I bet you would be treated better.

OK,here is a possible "unsupported" wiring set-up scenario for 2 Hoppers,1 or 2 Super Joey's,& a duo node ready to be shot down,since we know that the Super Joey needs a third line from the LNB to run through the integrator,but the duo node also needs all 3 lines from the LNB connected to it,why wouldn't "theoretically" placing a 2-way splitter(3-way if you are going with 2 Super Joeys) on the 3rd line to run 1 line to the integrator & the other line to the duo node(with a 3-way splitter,run a line to each integrator & to the duo node) not work?.

That will definitely not work! The lines from the LNB are DPP, which means that they support two tuners, such as VIP receivers or a SJ. You cannot split that line and feed it to two SJ's, since that would be 4 tuners.

That will definitely not work! The lines from the LNB are DPP, which means that they support two tuners, such as VIP receivers or a SJ. You cannot split that line and feed it to two SJ's, since that would be 4 tuners.

Which means,I guess,that somebody else thought about that way before me. Kind of off topic,but wondering,does Dish have accounts for land lords(not that I'm one) where each tenant can have their own account,all running off the same satellite dish? As far as having a Super Joey(or two) with two or more Hoppers,that won't ever happen until Dish makes a node that will make it possible.

Stop me if you heard this before,but all of the bellyaching over not being able to use the Super Joey with more than one Hopper is "Deja Vu all over again" for me,reminding me of all of the ViP owners complaining that they couldn't integrate their ViP DVR's/receivers(except the 211 & 211k.......eventually) with a Hopper set up,when the Hopper first came out.

Last edited:
If there are jobs with single dish solutions in a multiple dwelling unit with hopper systems, there would be switches installed. Since moca doesn't communicate thru the switches but rather it travels thru the node it is possible to have multiple hopper systems on 1 dish with out having conflicts.

Dish has no way of telling whether or not receivers are on the same dish or not. With the appropriate switches and separate nodes, it's definitely possible to have receivers from different accounts all on the same dish. Whether it be Super Joeys, Hoppers, ViPs, whatever.

All four of my Hoppers and the ViP722k use the same dish, even though the 722k is on a separate account. I actually have two dishes, a 1000.2 for WA and a 1000.4 for EA. I only hook the 722k up to the 1000.4 when I want to check out the EA or I take the 722k out to my vacation home. Dish did audit the four Hoppers last year and ask for the switch names, but I passed with flying colors since I'm not account stacking. That's one benefit of having the 722k on a separate account.

Don't worry dude. When things go completely wireless Dish won't need your service and will let you go from thier slavery and vangrant sustain for your wellbeing.

You should drop your shop and go in-house. Based on your experience I bet you would be treated better.

lol one of the guys from my shop wanted to leave and go in-house DNS and they were told he couldn't do that and had to be out of the work for 1 year before even applying cause of conflict of interest which is the most biggest bunch of bs I've ever heard in my life but hey whatever. Where I live there isn't other options unless you go sub contractor and I'd rather go flip burgers than go thru the hassle lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts