Superbowl in HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dalehbinsd

Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
I live in the middle of nowhere and want to view the superbowl in HD on my computer via FTA. I would like to do it as cheaply as possible. I dont know if its legal, but im just curious. Im not really interested in scanning satellites or whatever, just wanna watch HD tv on my computer every now and then. Im a complete idiot when it comes to satellites, any help is greatly appriciated. I have a pretty fast computer. I live in South Dakota USA. Thanks in advance.

Start reading the faqs and as many posts on these boards as you can. There's lots of options. DVB World USB Box is what I got on my computer, and it does a descent job.... but keep in mind besides getting a pc card, you'll probably need a nice sized dish and/or a motor to go with that.

I'm not sure if the superbowl is gonna be HD and unencrypted on an FTA Channel, but it might be?

Thanks

So its not as simple as finding a satellite that broadcasts CBS in hd, FTA.

It's not hard to find CBS HD, as I watch it all the time. But, as more people get HD tv's and satellite receivers that work for this, I expect them to scramble sooner than later. I will however, enjoy it while it last. And it is on C-band.

Al

The satellites will be doing a name change on February 1, 2007

Intelsat Americas 6 will become Galaxy 26.

CBS HD is usually 4:2:0 on C band, but what they will do with the Super Bowl is not known. I would expect they would not make significant changes which would cut the reliability factor.

Of course, you need a P4 at least 2.8 Ghz or equivalent.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts