Superbowl on HD?

vandalous

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2004
Keller, TX
I know FOX has the Superbowl this year. Anyone know if it will be broadcast in HD, aside from OTA?

I know Fox is 720p and is pretty decent so maybe this will be the onus for me to finally work on my OTA setup. I'm mainly curious.

Of course it will be HD. I guess your asking if it will be offered as a "special event" on dish Network? And to that I wish you good luck...

vandalous said:
I know FOX has the Superbowl this year. Anyone know if it will be broadcast in HD, aside from OTA?

I know Fox is 720p and is pretty decent so maybe this will be the onus for me to finally work on my OTA setup. I'm mainly curious.

FOXHD is on Directv if you live in an OO market. So you have to options to get the superbowl in HD OTA or Directv

It seems to me that FOX would get a lot of good publicity if they offered the SuperBowl in HD free to the Cable and Dish networks. If they did, do you suppose that Dish would find a way to get it to us out here in the hinterland?
(It would be even better if Green Bay was playing)

Yeah, and it would be GREAT if world peace broke out tomorrow.

Don't look for D* to do any favors for E*. And don't look for any congressional pressure as they hate Charlie's guts.

If you want to see the Super Bowl in HD and are an E* subscriber, getting a 921/811 and a big antenna on your roof is your best option right now....

BobMurdoch said:
Yeah, and it would be GREAT if world peace broke out tomorrow.

Don't look for D* to do any favors for E*. And don't look for any congressional pressure as they hate Charlie's guts.

If you want to see the Super Bowl in HD and are an E* subscriber, getting a 921/811 and a big antenna on your roof is your best option right now....
Actually D* forced me to go with a big antenna in the late 90's when they dropped all my previously authorized networks except CBS(yes I had all the waivers needed). Picture was poor then with analog, but now is fine with DTV (NOT D*) ota stations. Other things they pulled are the reason I left D* for E* in 2000. ;)