SuperBuddy Limit Scan

tw0edge1

Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
I would like to compare my use of the superbuddy to your experiences, I'm hoping to learn something new from the exchange.

I have my meter set up in the following manner under options

Level: dBm
Quality: IRD#
Frequency: L-band
Sounder: Lock Tone
Shutdown: 5 min
Freq Dev: Yes
IRD Calc: old

I have tried both old and ned on the "IRD Calc " field. The new is great for peaking but the limit scan fails unless i set the feild to old. Am i doing something wrong, any suggestions ?

tw0edge
@====(==========>

Last edited:
First off :welcometo satelliteGuys.US

Second, if setting the IRD to "New" causes your limit scan to Fail, you either are not peaking in a signal properly for your area (in which case the meter is correct to fail you) or you have the limits set wrong for your area. From the main screen go in to the zip code entry area and enter the zip code for a major city in your DMA. you should get the approximate location of the selected satellite for your area (not important for this) Next go into your limit scan, press Edit, then press the "Use Zip" button. This should fill in the required signal quality values for your area as determined by Dish Network. You will have to repeat the "Edit" and "Use Zip" steps for both 119 and 110. Note that there are currently no quality requirements for 129 in most areas, so you will not get values filled if you try this. Good luck and let me know if you have any problems.

Third, If you install for a living, you may want to check out the installer zone. A lot of us hang out there, and you will find some very helpful installers there to help you along with any issues you may have.

Lastly, this is a public forum, and anyone registered or not (including spam bots) can read the pages, it may be best to edit your post to remove your e-mail address.

CBS Football Stuttering ?

VIP 211 DVR Operation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)