SuperDish 105 & DP34

wildcatman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2004
Hi Guys,

I continue to have problems with my 510 and 811 and my SuperDish. The 510 frequently loses 119 (even after I had it replaced). The 811 lost the capability to receive OTA local channels and was replaced. The new 811 receives the OTA channels fine, but is now losing 105 from time to time. All my connections and cables look good. Do you think it is the switch? I have never had a switch go bad, so I don't really know the symptoms.

I am in the Chattanooga DMA.

Thanks!

What kind of signal levels are you getting? If you are losing 105 or 119, but keeping 110, sounds to me like the skew may be off just a hair, or the mast is not perfectly plumb.. Also some receivers are more picking about signal level. Switches don't typically go bad, they can just like anything else.

My signal on 105 is usually in the 74 to 85 range. The signals on 110 and 119 are good (consistently 95 and above). I am at work, but I can check the port order later today. This is very frustrating. I usually lose 119 during the daytime hours, but now I have begun losing it some at night. The problem with 105 just started recently. I have not re-aligned the dish at all.

I had the same problem, although not with a superdish but looking at three sat locations. I had a bad lnb, but while looking into the problem, I ran accross several other posts and their problems were corrected by having 119 in slot 1, 110 in slot 2 and 105 in slot 3. If that doesn't work check for bad lnb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)