SuperDish 105 picking up 129??

AndyOI

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 26, 2005
I'm going to end up getting a Superdish 105 for Baltimore locals, and I was wondering if it's possible to pick up 129 on it? I know the 121s can

Oh nice, I'm gonna have to give it a try. The real question will be if I can pick up 129. I'm RIGHT on the borderline for it on a footprint map.

it'll be tricky. I was unable to get 129 from York from the edge of my big dish (and I can get close to 100 with 82 from the opposite side), but I can't get any signal for 129.
With a superdish 105, the 129 lnb will be in a far from optimal position to pull in 129. And being at the edge of the footprint will worsen that. I'd use a dedicated 18" dish (or better yet, 24") to try and pull it in.

Last edited:
Derwin0 said:
it'll be tricky. I was unable to get 129 from York from the edge of my big dish (and I can get close to 100 with 82 from the opposite side), but I can't get any signal for 129.
With a superdish 105, the 129 lnb will be in a far from optimal position to pull in 129. And being at the edge of the footprint will worsen that. I'd use a dedicated 18" dish (or better yet, 24") to try and pull it in.

If I'm going to end up needing a dedicated dish I'll just point it at 61.5 as that has CBS HD anyway. I was just trying to see if one dish would work

Your going to have a rough time getting 129 off of a 105 superdish, especially if signal is bad in that part of the country to begin with. I would get a 61.5 dish and be done with it. Alot more dependable and alot less trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts