superdish 105

markj_354

Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
I have installed a superdish myself and I'm receiving 110 and 119 satellites fine, but cannot receive a single from 105. Any advice? Thanks

Triple-check everything.

"Fine" is a relative term. What are the hard numbers for transponders 11 & 12 on both birds?

Have you tried bypassing the switch, running a check switch and peaking from there?

Where are you? 105 is a weak bird (until replaced). If you're on the fringe, it might be a mutha to drag in.

markj_354 said:
I have installed a superdish myself and I'm receiving 110 and 119 satellites fine, but cannot receive a single from 105. Any advice?

Is it possible to have the LNBs pointed at, say, 110, 119, and 124 degree orbital slots or something like that? I haven't seen a superdish yet, and yea, the spacing is two only 5 degrees apart, and the second one is 9 degrees apart. Is it possible to set things up the opposite way, so that the first two are nine degrees apart, then the last one is 5 degrees apart? Are the LNBs all in one big plastic formed blob, or do they screw together somehow?

Nope that won't work. I think the 105 LNB is "special" :) 105 is just difficult to get. I can have good signal on the two main birds and nothing on 105. A slight adjustment and 105 is 62(the highest I can get) and the other birds are still good. That is assuming what they said above and everything is working like it should.

SuperDishes come in 2 variants - 110+119+121 and 105+110+119 both have a special LNB setup (119+121 or 105+110) and one standard one. A SuperDish itself would be difficult to convert, but there's other solutions (torroidals) if needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts