Superdish 121 and channels on wrong transponders

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

inftaxs

Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
Hi,

I have a SD and 110/119 are working great. However all channels on 121 show up on transponders different from where DN and Lyngsat indicate they should be. Additionally, some channels that were working fine 10 days ago (also on wrong transponders), started pixellating and dissappeared alltogether several days ago. When tunning into these channels, I see "searching for signal" message.

Any advice appreciated.

Hi welcome to satguys :) Channels move all the time.. Every wed. there is some channel movement as seen in the uplink reports. Its nothing to worry about. As far as pixolation. it sounds like your dish may need to be repeaked.

inftaxs said:
Hi,

I have a SD and 110/119 are working great. However all channels on 121 show up on transponders different from where DN and Lyngsat indicate they should be. Additionally, some channels that were working fine 10 days ago (also on wrong transponders), started pixellating and dissappeared alltogether several days ago. When tunning into these channels, I see "searching for signal" message.

Any advice appreciated.

The reason why your 121 would be going out and not the other satellites is that the frequency is different for 121. There is probably some terrestrial interference going on.

Does anyone have a radar detector around there?

We need to know what your signal strength is for your fss signal, hit menu 6, 1, 1, go to the satellite window and press down until you see the 121 sat, now go through the transponders on the right and you will get a general idea as to the strengths on the transponders. It sounds alot like your dish has moved slightly out of alignment, this would effect the fss 121/105 signal greater than it would the dbs feeds as the fss sat is a considerably weaker signal thus the size of the dish. You can check this out by having someone stand in front of the tv looking at the signal strength while you lightly tug the dish left and right and up and down, the person inside should see the signal strength go up and down and if it goes up higher then you know that its an alignment issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)