Superdish 121 at 118

THE HORSE IS DEAD, can we stop beating on it now ??? please ?!!?!

Short answer NO
longer answer, the LNB is the wrong type
really long answer - do a search it's in there somewhere

Ditto..
Why is that people try find ways to not pay for stuff?

Well while the OP probably should have searched as the answer is very easily found. I see nothing wrong with people trying to get out of paying for stuff if they can just reuse the old stuff. Nothing wrong with trying to save a buck or two. I don't think they OP was trying to be cheap at all nor was complaining about it if they had to buy a new LNB.

I agree.

Cost? Haven't seen the LNBF cluster for sale, but a Dish 500+ is about $130 - $150 complete.

There is suppose to be a "SuperDish 121 Repoint Kit" coming out that will convert the SD 121 (and probably SD 105) to the equivalent of a Dish 500+/Dish 1000+.

But I'm still waiting to convert my two SuperDish 121's.

Will a superdish 121 and superdish 121 fss lnb work for the 118 orbital location? Or do I need a different lnb?

I had a New Connect work order last week for a Dish 500 Plus with a 322 receiver.

I roll-up to the house and not only is there a SuperDish 105 there, but also a SuperDish 121 there and a 322 receiver that the customer already had.

Called my FSM, he tells me to call customer service. Call customer service expecting them to either cancel or modify the workorder due to the equipment already on site (since this is DEFINITELY not a NEW CONNECT). CSR tells me no problem, they can reactivate the customer's 322 with the NEW CONNECT after putting-up the Dish 500 Plus.

Hang-up with CS, think about it for a moment, and decide this is bound to get cluster###### when I call back in to close-out the work order.

So I put the Dish 500 Plus up in place of the SD105 (mainly because it had better LOS), put in the new 322, activated the receiver, rolled my eyes and got the heck out of there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)