Superdish 121 in Florida ??

rockdude

Original poster
Oct 18, 2004
I live in Boca Raton, Florida which is at 26.40 and 80.18.

I am getting the 110 and 119 satellites just fine. I want the 121 as well.

I know the 121 is KU band.

What I want to know is if I can repalce my Dsihnetwork 500 with the new Superdish 121, and will it work ?

I have looked at the footprints of 121 and lynsat's web page but am still not sure.

If it won't work with the Superdish, what size dish would I need to make it work ?

Thanks in advance.

Rockdude

Iceberg said:
121 does cover the whole US. right now 105 doesn't...but there is a new satellite taking care of that issue :)
If you are referring to AMC-15, it's not running yet! I have 105 for locals in NW Florida. I do not know if anywhere else uses 105, or 121. I saw a couple of posts from the Northern states of Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc. using 121. Maybe someone else here could shed some light on where 105 and 121 are used specifically!

Mickdog said:
If you are referring to AMC-15, it's not running yet! I have 105 for locals in NW Florida. I do not know if anywhere else uses 105, or 121. I saw a couple of posts from the Northern states of Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc. using 121. Maybe someone else here could shed some light on where 105 and 121 are used specifically!

Did I say AMC15? Read my original post, Mick (and don't turn this one into one of those threads like at the other site)

I said "105 doesn't cover the whole US right now, but there is a new satellite taking care of that issue."

105 has locals
121 has locals and international
105 doesn't work real well in MN, WI, ND, SD, MT, and the border states (south florida, cali, oregon, washington)
Any locals in these states on Superdish are on 121.

check out www.dishchannelchart.com That has all channels available on Dish and what satellite they are located at :)

On my Free to air system, 105 shows a 45 quality and 121 shows a 75 quality on the 2 "you have a superdish" channel...these are in Minneapolis, MN

Iceberg said:
Did I say AMC15? Read my original post, Mick (and don't turn this one into one of those threads like at the other site)

I said "105 doesn't cover the whole US right now, but there is a new satellite taking care of that issue."

105 has locals
121 has locals and international
105 doesn't work real well in MN, WI, ND, SD, MT, and the border states (south florida, cali, oregon, washington)
Any locals in these states on Superdish are on 121.

check out www.dishchannelchart.com That has all channels available on Dish and what satellite they are located at :)

On my Free to air system, 105 shows a 45 quality and 121 shows a 75 quality on the 2 "you have a superdish" channel...these are in Minneapolis, MN
Hey, I'm not trying to start anything. 105 does not work well in NW Florida either, unless one just happens to be in an ideal location! OK, what is the new Satellite taking care of the issue? Just asking a question, so don't start slinging, OK!

Mickdog said:
Hey, I'm not trying to start anything. 105 does not work well in NW Florida either, unless one just happens to be in an ideal location! OK, what is the new Satellite taking care of the issue? Just asking a question, so don't start slinging, OK!

sorry. But I've read the other site and I took the above post as putting words in my mouth.

AMC2 is at 105 right now...Dish thought it was going to be for HD, but it doesnt cover the 48. So they are using it for locals.. The border states its tough to get a signal on a 30" fixed dish, much less a Superdish. 121 is much easier to get.

AMC15 is replacing AMC2 and will cover the 48. Its also a little more powerfulso your signals will go up :)

Iceberg said:
sorry. But I've read the other site and I took the above post as putting words in my mouth.

AMC2 is at 105 right now...Dish thought it was going to be for HD, but it doesnt cover the 48. So they are using it for locals.. The border states its tough to get a signal on a 30" fixed dish, much less a Superdish. 121 is much easier to get.

AMC15 is replacing AMC2 and will cover the 48. Its also a little more powerfulso your signals will go up :)
Thank you for the information! As for the other sites, hey, I ask a question, I get slamed, I slam back! Go figure! What is wrong with asking a question?

here we usually don't slam you :)

I lucked out...Duluth, MN locals were suppose to be on 105
then it didnt reach
then 61.5
and that got dropped
now the 6 channels are across 3 TP's on 110 :)

Iceberg said:
here we usually don't slam you :)

I lucked out...Duluth, MN locals were suppose to be on 105
then it didnt reach
then 61.5
and that got dropped
now the 6 channels are across 3 TP's on 110 :)
Interesting. I guess maybe the other satellites they send up after AMC-15 will help them spread the wealth. I like Dish, but I think what is happening is a patch job. Just my thought. Of course, congress is not helping any. Again, than you for the information. next.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)