superdish 121 pole mount

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hi all,

Just wondering if this is a option? Can I use a tripod on the peak of my roof with maybe 10-15ft pole? I would run some support cables from the pole.

If this would work, were would I get a tripod that holds 2in od pole from? Local Hardware store, Radio Shack, RV store, Ect...?

Looking for options rignt now to clear a tree at 105.

Thanks,

BigJohn2

John, no where to put the Diush on a pole on the ground?? I've seen dishes on tripods that high on the roof, but I sure would'nt want to be the one to install it or have to service it. The Superdish is a huge wind catch and aiming it on a 10 or 15 foot pole would definitely be a challenge.

wobbie said:
John, no where to put the Diush on a pole on the ground?? I've seen dishes on tripods that high on the roof, but I sure would'nt want to be the one to install it or have to service it. The Superdish is a huge wind catch and aiming it on a 10 or 15 foot pole would definitely be a challenge.

Ok, how about this. Install the Superdish were my Dish500 is to get 110 and 119 then take the Dish500 and put on a tripod and use it for 105?

Much smaller dish then the superdish and a lot lighter.

Thanks,

BigJohn2

Got the superdish today and a 625. I'm getting 75 signal on 105.

Last edited:
BigJohn2 said:
Ok, how about this. Install the Superdish were my Dish500 is to get 110 and 119 then take the Dish500 and put on a tripod and use it for 105?

Thanks,

BigJohn2

No way. For two reasons.

• The 105 LNB is FSS, not BSS like 110/119/61.5/148/129.
  • FSS birds like 105 & 121 need the bigger reflector - for two reasons. Focus & gain.

75 on 105 sounds decent. Of course, it depends on the transponder. But if you're getting your channels with a 75 signal, you're good to go.

BigJohn2 said:
Thanks,
BigJohn2

Sounds like you are all setup. Simon is right about the 105 issue on both topics, a smaller dish will not work and 75 is a good signal. You use to not be able to get over 55 when they first came out.

SimpleSimon said:
No way. For two reasons.
  • The 105 LNB is FSS, not BSS like 110/119/61.5/148/129.
  • FSS birds like 105 & 121 need the bigger reflector - for two reasons. Focus & gain.
75 on 105 sounds decent. Of course, it depends on the transponder. But if you're getting your channels with a 75 signal, you're good to go.

Ok, what transponders should I look at on all three?

Thanks for all the help and info. I have learned a lot in the last week when I first found this site.

later,

BigJohn2

Well, it's 11 & 12 for 110 & 119. I don't remember the others offhand.

You can go to http://www.dishchannelchart.com and find your locals transponder.

OR, most single-tuner receivers Signal screen will automatically show the satellite & transponder of the last viewed channel. You can verify this by selecting, say, 119-17, exiting, tuning to a local, then go back to the signal screen and see if it switched to the 105 satellite.

SimpleSimon said:
Well, it's 11 & 12 for 110 & 119. I don't remember the others offhand.
You can go to http://www.dishchannelchart.com and find your locals transponder.
OR, most single-tuner receivers Signal screen will automatically show the satellite & transponder of the last viewed channel. You can verify this by selecting, say, 119-17, exiting, tuning to a local, then go back to the signal screen and see if it switched to the 105 satellite.

Thanks, I found my local on 105 from that website. They are on tp23.

Later,

BigJohn2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)