Superdish and 625 Dual Tuner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

davetpilot

Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
My head is spinning from all the information on this forum. Wow! Could someone clarify a few things for me?

I currently have a Dish 500 with a 625 Dual Tuner. I bought a Superdish (not a DPP) and a DP34 switch.

1. From what I have read so far, it seems that I need to run 2 cables from the switch to the 2 inputs on the tuner. Is this the only option?

2. If the diplexer can combine/split the 110 and 119 signals...can a triplexer combine/split all 3?

Yes you must run 2 lines from the DP34 to your 625 for it to work properly. A DPP44 could run one line to it and use the DPP seperator. The diplexor does not split 110 and 119. The diplexor is used to split low end VHF like TV2 output <900 MHZ and high end SAT signals like DPP = 2150 MHz.

If 2 signals are close in frequency the diplexor will not work.

A DPP seperator is not a splitter either. It splits even and odd transponders using dish pro technology, but does not split 119 and 110 either.

You must run a line from each LNB to the input on the DP34 switch then 2 lines out to the 625.

Yes you must run 2 lines from the DP34 to your 625 for it to work properly. A DPP44 could run one line to it and use the DPP seperator. The diplexor does not split 110 and 119. The diplexor is used to split low end VHF like TV2 output <900 MHZ and high end SAT signals like DPP = 2150 MHz.

Doh! I knew that. I told you my head was spinning. I meant to use the term separator, not diplexer. I didn't know if there was a "3-way" separator. Of course, that too is wrong giving the info you just gave me regarding the separator.

So, the separator "splits" the transponders in order for the receivers to utilize different transponders? If that is correct, does the DP34 do the same thing?

Thank you for all the info.

DishPro (DP) technology "stacks" the odd and even transponders into what I will call a "lower band" and "upper band" so they both come down the same cable at the same time, as opposed to legacy which is either odd or even and is switched by a voltage change. Odd and Even transponders come down in the same frequency range (somebody with the technical details can remind us of the exact numbers, I'm writing for the layman here not the engineer), the stacking is accomplished through a complicated procedure that sends the odd transponders at the original received frequency and moves the even transponders to a frequency that is higher so they don't overlap.

DishPro Plus (DPP) technology extends this so that the lower band and upper band can be either odd or even, from the same or different satellites, determined by the DPP switch or LNBF/switch combo.

The separator splits the lower band and upper band and sends one to each tuner.

If a DPP dual tuner receiver sees a separator and DPP switch, it knows it can tell the switch something like "send me the odd transponders from 110 and odd transponders from 119". The switch will stack the signal accordingly and the separator will "split" it to the two tuners. The single tuner receivers don't support this, all they can say is "I want 110" which is why you can't use a separator to run two single tuner boxes. Plus I think only one side of the separator will pass the DiSEqC commands from the receiver to the switch.

The DP34 and other non "plus" devices simply stack odd and even from the same satellite onto the cable and won't work with a separator.

if you have dish 500 setup with dpp twin, you can alwasy take the output from 121, and put it into the input port on DPP Twin.... and just run single line from DPP Twin to the 625 with saperator,,,

oh btw why are u doing 121, Dish is in the process of taking out all the international channels from 121 and tranfering to 118.7. unless u are trying to get local from 105.

good luck

Just remember its a DPP seperator, that is Dish Pro Plus. For it to work it must be connected to a line coming from a DPP switch or LNB. As of current that list includes a DPP44, DPP twin, and Dish 1000.2 integrated LNB. If you dont have DPP equipment you are running 2 lines to your dual tuner.

if you have dish 500 setup with dpp twin, you can alwasy take the output from 121, and put it into the input port on DPP Twin.... and just run single line from DPP Twin to the 625 with saperator,,,

oh btw why are u doing 121, Dish is in the process of taking out all the international channels from 121 and tranfering to 118.7. unless u are trying to get local from 105.

good luck

Long story short...I was under the misguided impression you could get Boston local channels on 121. (It seems that Boston is on 110 which must be spot beam and Providence locals are on 121.)

If one were to spend part of the year outside of New England but still wanted to watch his "home" news and sports programs...you get the idea.

Long story short...I was under the misguided impression you could get Boston local channels on 121. (It seems that Boston is on 110 which must be spot beam and Providence locals are on 121.)

If one were to spend part of the year outside of New England but still wanted to watch his "home" news and sports programs...you get the idea.
Sounds like you are on the right track now. When you know what location you may be in, you can then look at some of the spot beam maps and see if you are still within your local's spot beam(s).

This link may help you learn more about the spot beams you are interested in.
Spot Beam and Coverage Maps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)