Superdish, Antenna with a DP34

kjl

Original poster
Jul 12, 2005
I just had Dish Network installed last week. I have the Superdish using a DP34 hooking up a 811, 522, and 301. I don't get one of my local channels and none of my HD channels, so I would like to put an antenna on the roof and be able to use the existing Dish cable runs. Do I need a new switch?

Thanks for any help.

Kevin

What kind of diplexers and where do I put them? Does this look right or is there a better way to do it?

Attachments

• Diplexer diagram.jpg
    Diplexer diagram.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 276
Nice drawing. :D

That is correct but you will only need 1 diaplexer for the 522 not 2. when you come off the diaplexer behind the 522 go into a 2 way splitter "turned around" off the ant side. then TV2 out into on the other output of the splitter. then run it to TV2. Confused yet? email me for any questions.

Personally I wouldn't use a diplexer because of signal loss issues, differculties when incorporating a preamp solution and isolation problems when troubleshooting or getting interferrence. It's better to keep each antenna on it's own coax. But if you must go that route I imagine you only need one diplexor and then divide it to four through a distrubtion amp inside your house. The diagram you showed would produce a 12db signal loss for all four receivers and also cost four times as much.

I would go ahead with diplexers, but only do it for the 811. That's the only set that will use the HD locals and you're only missing one channel on the others, one channel that you couldn't DVR on the 522 by the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)