SuperDish for 129?

OrangeandBlue33

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
I'm looking to upgrade soon to HD and wanted to know if the SuperDish I already have could be used to pull in 129 for the HD content?

Just for kicks, I did a signal strength test from my current receiver and I was picking up a fairly strong signal on 129. On one of the transponders I even had a signal strength of 75.

Would E* replace the dish with another, or will they use the same one I currently have?

Thanks for any feedback!

129 repoint kit

Dish actually makes a kit for this very thing - comes with a new arm, yoke to hold 3 dp duals. It works great for me - the superdish pulls in a way better signal on 129 than a 1000.2 dish. Anytime I roll up on a HD upgrade and they have a superdish I am looking to use this kit.

I have to modify the work order everytime, but in my opinion, it's worth the hassle. Your installer would need a 129 repoint kit and two dp duals - you have one on your superdish.

use the SuperDish, you won't be disappointed....used it at my parents house and picks up MUCH better than a 1000 ever could

Cool. You guys have made my day. When I call for an upgrade what are the chances a CSR will be able to sort this out? Do I ask for Tech Support? What's the best route to take?

Thanks Ftoutloff and daboogas94e!

Last edited:
I'm looking to upgrade soon to HD and wanted to know if the SuperDish I already have could be used to pull in 129 for the HD content?

Just for kicks, I did a signal strength test from my current receiver and I was picking up a fairly strong signal on 129. On one of the transponders I even had a signal strength of 75.

Would E* replace the dish with another, or will they use the same one I currently have?

Thanks for any feedback!

Question...

How are you currently getting the 129 at your home?

Question...

How are you currently getting the 129 at your home?

I have a SuperDish that was originally set up for my locals on, I believe, 121. It's currently picking up 110/119. As I said, I just thought I'd check to see If I was picking anything up from the 129 transponders - and it appears that I am. Does that make sense?

added: - The signal's not "locking in", but it is showing on the meter, so I assumed it must be at least seeing 129 somehow.

Last edited:
Then that is in error. If it's locked in, then yes...you are receiving it.

My issue would be the additional lines/cables needed for your HD upgrade. Unless you already have everything ran, your installer will probably be tempted to just give you a D1000.2. The DPP technology will save from having to run two lines for a dual tuner.

Then that is in error. If it's locked in, then yes...you are receiving it.

My issue would be the additional lines/cables needed for your HD upgrade. Unless you already have everything ran, your installer will probably be tempted to just give you a D1000.2. The DPP technology will save from having to run two lines for a dual tuner.

So what signal is the receiver seeing when I've selected 129, Transponder xx? My knowledge is pretty low on this stuff. I know just enough to be dangerous.

So if I'm understanding you correctly, as far as the DPP technology, - it would allow for 1 cable run of RG6 for the HD dual tuner? Whereas with my current set-up I'd have to run 2? I do currently have two lines run for 2 separate receivers, but I was considering keeping one of them to have as extra.

If it's a matter of running another line, that's not that big of a deal for me to do as I purchased, installed and set-up all of my original Dish equipment 10 years ago - including the cable run and dish alignment etc....

I guess I'd prefer to keep the dish that's already there if it's going to give me a better chance of pulling in a better signal.

Anymore info would be greatly appreciated.