SuperDish for 129?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

OrangeandBlue33

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
I'm looking to upgrade soon to HD and wanted to know if the SuperDish I already have could be used to pull in 129 for the HD content?

Just for kicks, I did a signal strength test from my current receiver and I was picking up a fairly strong signal on 129. On one of the transponders I even had a signal strength of 75.

Would E* replace the dish with another, or will they use the same one I currently have?

Thanks for any feedback!

129 repoint kit

Dish actually makes a kit for this very thing - comes with a new arm, yoke to hold 3 dp duals. It works great for me - the superdish pulls in a way better signal on 129 than a 1000.2 dish. Anytime I roll up on a HD upgrade and they have a superdish I am looking to use this kit.

I have to modify the work order everytime, but in my opinion, it's worth the hassle. Your installer would need a 129 repoint kit and two dp duals - you have one on your superdish.

use the SuperDish, you won't be disappointed....used it at my parents house and picks up MUCH better than a 1000 ever could

Cool. You guys have made my day. When I call for an upgrade what are the chances a CSR will be able to sort this out? Do I ask for Tech Support? What's the best route to take?

Thanks Ftoutloff and daboogas94e!

Last edited:
I'm looking to upgrade soon to HD and wanted to know if the SuperDish I already have could be used to pull in 129 for the HD content?

Just for kicks, I did a signal strength test from my current receiver and I was picking up a fairly strong signal on 129. On one of the transponders I even had a signal strength of 75.

Would E* replace the dish with another, or will they use the same one I currently have?

Thanks for any feedback!

Question...

How are you currently getting the 129 at your home?

Question...

How are you currently getting the 129 at your home?

I have a SuperDish that was originally set up for my locals on, I believe, 121. It's currently picking up 110/119. As I said, I just thought I'd check to see If I was picking anything up from the 129 transponders - and it appears that I am. Does that make sense?

added: - The signal's not "locking in", but it is showing on the meter, so I assumed it must be at least seeing 129 somehow.

Last edited:
Then that is in error. If it's locked in, then yes...you are receiving it.

My issue would be the additional lines/cables needed for your HD upgrade. Unless you already have everything ran, your installer will probably be tempted to just give you a D1000.2. The DPP technology will save from having to run two lines for a dual tuner.

Then that is in error. If it's locked in, then yes...you are receiving it.

My issue would be the additional lines/cables needed for your HD upgrade. Unless you already have everything ran, your installer will probably be tempted to just give you a D1000.2. The DPP technology will save from having to run two lines for a dual tuner.

So what signal is the receiver seeing when I've selected 129, Transponder xx? My knowledge is pretty low on this stuff. I know just enough to be dangerous.

So if I'm understanding you correctly, as far as the DPP technology, - it would allow for 1 cable run of RG6 for the HD dual tuner? Whereas with my current set-up I'd have to run 2? I do currently have two lines run for 2 separate receivers, but I was considering keeping one of them to have as extra.

If it's a matter of running another line, that's not that big of a deal for me to do as I purchased, installed and set-up all of my original Dish equipment 10 years ago - including the cable run and dish alignment etc....

I guess I'd prefer to keep the dish that's already there if it's going to give me a better chance of pulling in a better signal.

Anymore info would be greatly appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts