superdish for satellite 121 in USA

MikeCTM2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
02 530i sport
hi we have dishnetwork and sky angel already. so we have 2 18" dishes on the house now. i just read in the sky angel forum that the sky angel dish points to the 61.5 satellite. i'm guessing then that the other dish points to 119 or 110 for the regualar dishnetwork programming. on safetv, that's sky angel ch. 9711, i've been watching DW News at 8:30pm PST. it dawned on me then to call Dish and see if any 24/7 german channels are available. the dish rep told me about two channels. German TV, ch. 725, with ARD, ZDF and Deutsche Welle. Also ch. 726 which comes out of a town near Munich. i learned that a superdish is required to receive this international programming though.

right now there's a promotion to upgrade to superdish for $50. normally it's $200 they say. i did a search for superdish and the first thing was auctions on ebay. those auctions say the Dishnetwork 105 superdish is for 110, 119 and 105. what about satellite 121? the dish website clearly states that german tv is satellite 121.

can the superdish do everything? that is, pick up 119/110 (regular dishnetwork programming), 121 (german tv) and 61.5 (sky angel)?

not everything

Superdish 121 will give you all the stuff for Dish on 110/119 and the German (Int’l) stuff on 121

Sky Angel is ONLY on 61.5, since it is an independent company. So you would still need 2 dishes. Everything can be combined with a DPP44 switch

wow this is a great forum. i'm trying to think if i have anymore questions. i'd like to be able to spring for both channels with the package for $19.95. but i'm gonna have to start with just german tv, ch. 725, for $9.99/mo. is satellite 121 the PAS-9 that was launched in 2000? will we be receiving our german programming here from the same satellite that beams it to germany too? some satellites are just over mexico right? is the 121 way over the atlantic ocean or some like that? we're west coast here. will we still have the same simple LNBs on the superdish, for dish and intl' programming, that our current 18" dishes have?

There are two "flavors" of superdish. One is the 105, the other is the 121.

As far as your question, you will need to upgrade the 18" (Dish 300) to a SD121 and keep your 61.5 at it's current location

i just went outside and looked at the equipment. one says dish 300 with a single lnb and the other dish 500 with two lnbs. from those there's 6 cables that go into a Dish VideoPath MULTI-DISH SWITCH MODEL SW64. then there's a 9 digit number.

on the day of install will the sat tech remove and replace this switch?

i just went outside and looked at the equipment. one says dish 300 with a single lnb and the other dish 500 with two lnbs. from those there's 6 cables that go into a Dish VideoPath MULTI-DISH SWITCH MODEL SW64. then there's a 9 digit number.

on the day of install will the sat tech remove and replace this switch
Yep. What you have is Legacy equipment. They will switch you over to DishPro, which takes fewer lines in to the house : )

They’ll replace the SW64 with a DP44 switch. They will have to swap out the LNB on the SkyAngel dish to DishPro (the SD is DishPro to begin with)

4 lines into the switch (down from 6 so they wont need to drill any holes : )

What model receivers do you have?

i know it's a DVR unit that's not more than 2-3 yrs old. i hit sys info button on the front and got DP501 and software P304. that's it right? besides that there was only receiver id card id, satellite 119 110 61.5, device SW64, status good, remote address 1, etc

that's the only active sat receiver in this house now. orig there were two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts