Superdish Install From Dish..

Oceangrace24

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
Lexington, SC
I am getting upgraded to a Superdish here in columbia this weekend..

I am wondering what type of install they will do. We they put it on my Roof or on a pole in my yard? If they put it on a pole in the yard, will they put the pole in cement??

Oceangrace24 said:
I am getting upgraded to a Superdish here in columbia this weekend..

I am wondering what type of install they will do. We they put it on my Roof or on a pole in my yard? If they put it on a pole in the yard, will they put the pole in cement??

A pole mount requires it to be set in concrete. And that will depend on the installer. If you are going through a retailer, you may have to pay for a pole. If you are going through the RSP, it should be free. I always recommend a pole mount due to the 8 times wind load that the SD has. Good Luck.

For a roof/wall mount, Dish is supplying braces that should help the dish deal with wind load. They work like a tripod with the mast.

We're only installing pole mounts if there's no line of sight anywhere else due to the cost of the pole and concrete. (some types use a 2" 8 foot pole which is hard to find with the proper load specs, so it can be expensive if Dish's supply runs dry) The other type uses a standard large fence pole, and can be easier to find.

For that reason, some subcontractors may charge for the pole mount if you choose to go that route, and bypass the roof/wall mount with braces. If the pole is the only line of sight, they shouldn't charge you because Dish is obliged to supply locals at zero cost to customer.

Bottom line, they should only charge you if you decline a free mounting option. My personal opinion is $40 bucks to a contractor to pole mount the dish is cheaper and less headache than repairing your roof should a major storm come through.

I am going through the Dish Mover...I was worried about Roof Mount since I have a new roof. One of the local retailer told me last fall when the superdishes came out that they would not do roof installs due to the size and the chance of leaking. I have a good spot in the corner of my yard where a pole mount could go..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts