SuperDish install query

kevink

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
I'm thinking about signing up as a new customer in the next few months, either with the 625 PVR direct through Dish, or through SBC (depending on word about when the 2wire media center PVR is supposed to be released).

There is currently a Dish 500 on my roof, which based on what I've read, can't be used for locals because of differences in the 121 satellite.

Would the install in a case like that installing the new dish in the place of the old dish? So I don't have a working dish and a non working dish both installed?

And I've seen posts that seem to indicate to me that they don't "really" need two cables coming through the wall for this. Is this true?

It would be difficult to go the dual TV route and keep my cable for locals if I didn't want the superdish, since the second TV needs to use my existing cable.

Thanks,
Kevin

Is a pole mount part of a standard install?

Or would I have to add a pole at my extra expense?

One thing, if I had a pole added for a Superdish, could an existing Dish 500 dish be pointed to satellite 61.5?

Though there isn't any real content there for me yet, when I ever upgrade to HD, it could be useful.

Thanks,
Kevin

yes it could be pointed at 61.5, pole mt is a standard install for DNS. If you get a local guy or a sub they may charge you. The 500 you have up now, what lnb(s) are on it?

my installer recomended a pole mount so i was waiting for a cost and he said nope it's free and better then being on the roof cause of the size of a super dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)