SuperDish Installation Question

kimo2007

Original poster
Nov 23, 2004
Help with Superdish

hi,
i am trying to install superdish myself and i am having a hard time with wiring (coaxial cables)
in the dish itself , there are 4 places to connect the coaxial cables to, but the switch (34) allows you to only connect 3 (and the manual only mentions 3 cables). Can someone explain this to me??
When i test the switch on the receiver, it only detects 2 out of the 3.
Any suggestions?

Hi, Welcome to SatelliteGuys,

You don't tell us whether it is a 105 or 121 SuperDish. On a 105 SD 119 West is the outrigger LNBF, on a 121 SD th outrigger is 110 West. The outrigger has 2 ports, you only need to use 1 of them...it is a standard DishPro Single Sat Dual output LNBF. See illustrations below.

Jason

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have a very simple question for all of you. I installed my superdish myself (kit# 125587), & have excellent signal strength on the 119 & 110 satellite, but my 105 satellite shows it being N.C. I checked all the connections, using a DP34 switch, tried different ports on the switch, same problem. Then I took all three LNB's into the house & hooked up directly to the receiver one at a time, check switch detects the 119 & 110, still says the 105 is N.C. Do I have a bad 105 LNB? This LNB is strange cause you can rotate it clockwise & counter clockwise.

Thanks,
Shawn

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I have Superdish 121.
Does it matter the order which its connected to the switch.
Because, in the test switch, it says that i have 2 connected, and one NC (no connection)
But, it does not give me any angles (polarity)!

Thanks,
Karim

kimo2007 said:
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I have Superdish 121.
Does it matter the order which its connected to the switch.
Because, in the test switch, it says that i have 2 connected, and one NC (no connection)
But, it does not give me any angles (polarity)!

Thanks,
Karim
E* states to put the FSS Satellite(105 or 121) on port 3 of the DP34 or port 4 on a DPP44. Are you asking me for your setup angle, elevation, and Azimuth? Post your zipcode and I can look them up if needed. Do you have a SuperDish install manual? I have but it's a 10MB .pdf file....

Jason

Hi,
I have the manual.
I'm not asking for the angles. I am just trying to pass the "check switch" , so that the angles (110, 119, 121) would atleast appear after the test is conducted.. just like It used to show the angles when i had 2 dishes (on an SW21 Switch)
By the way, its not possible to use RG-59? or is it just not recommended?
Thanks,

Karim

kimo2007 said:
Hi,
I have the manual.
I'm not asking for the angles. I am just trying to pass the "check switch" , so that the angles (110, 119, 121) would at least appear after the test is conducted.. just like It used to show the angles when i had 2 dishes (on an SW21 Switch)
By the way, its not possible to use RG-59? or is it just not recommended?
Thanks,

Karim
RG59....highly debatable....it is said to be a no no...but as far as I can tell it's a strong recommendation.....E* states a frequency rating though.

Hi.
Thanks for the reply about the wire.
What about the msg i get on the receiver (Dual DUAl, NC-No Connection). Should every wire be in a specific port or it does not make a difference?
If they have 4 places to put the LNBs, and we're only supposed to use 3...then whats the point of the 4th one?
Thank you

kimo2007 said:
Hi.
Thanks for the reply about the wire.
What about the msg i get on the receiver (Dual DUAl, NC-No Connection). Should every wire be in a specific port or it does not make a difference?
If they have 4 places to put the LNBs, and we're only supposed to use 3...then whats the point of the 4th one?
Thank you
The msg, after installed correctly, will read Dual, Dual, Feed, and the polarity will read All, All, and All. The lnb's used for 110 and 119 are Dual LNB's and are used on other dish types as well. When you are finished, you will have one cable on each LNB. To tune in all the Sattelites, pt 119 on 1, do check switch, tune it in. Put 110 on 1, do check switch, tune it in. Put 105/121 on 1, do check switch, tune it in. When you are done doing all the tuning, put 119 on 1, 110 on 2, and 105/121 on 3, do a check switch, then call Dish to activate the reciever.

I would recommend hooking each individual LNB up to the receiver 1 at a time to make sure you have good signal bypassing the switch just for installation. if one lnb completely fails and you are sure you got the angle correct you could have a bad lnb.

Shawn Superdish said:
I have a very simple question for all of you. I installed my superdish myself (kit# 125587), & have excellent signal strength on the 119 & 110 satellite, but my 105 satellite shows it being N.C. I checked all the connections, using a DP34 switch, tried different ports on the switch, same problem. Then I took all three LNB's into the house & hooked up directly to the receiver one at a time, check switch detects the 119 & 110, still says the 105 is N.C. Do I have a bad 105 LNB? This LNB is strange cause you can rotate it clockwise & counter clockwise.

Thanks,
Shawn

Shawn. when you say you took them inside... do you mean you took the lnb inside and not aimed at a sat. It likely wouldnt detect it at all if its not aimed. at least thats the case with the FSS birds. not sure about the others.

nippjas said:
E* states to put the FSS Satellite(105 or 121) on port 3 of the DP34 or port 4 on a DPP44.
Jason

My 105 is on port 1 of my DP34. This is the report on the 811:
Code:
Input 1     2      3
Sat   105  110   119
Pol    All    All     All
Device Feed Feed Sgi

x SuperDish/129

Barry Erick said:
My 105 is on port 1 of my DP34. This is the report on the 811:
Code:
Input 1 2 3
Sat 105 110 119
Pol All All All
Device Feed Feed Sgi

x SuperDish/129
Again this is what the manuals state...If it works fine for you it may not for someone else depending on reciever vintage and firmware...For example, try that config on a DPP44 feeding a legacy receiver, exception being a 6000u, from experience this is were the issues start.

Jason

Ok.. Works on the superdish (105 and 110) and a 500 with one lnb pro for 119, and the equipment I (used to) show in my signature, less than a month old.

Karim,

Since you have not told us what model receiver you are using, I will have to assume that your receiver is SuperDish and or DishPro compatible, the mast pipe is level and plumb (check at least 2 different sides with a level) and your skew is set correctly for you area. If this is the case, clear your switch matrix on the receiver by disconnecting the satellite input cable and then run a check switch. You should have all Xs on the check switch screen. Once this is complete, reinstall the satellite input cable and connect only the 119 or 110 LNB to port 1 on the DP34 switch. Align the dish for maxium signal. Disconnect that cable from the 119/110 LNB and install it on the 121 LNB, making sure that the other end is still connected to port 1 on the DP34. Make slight azimuth and elevation adjustments until you lock in 121. At this point you should install all cables from the LNBs to the DP34 switch, making sure that 121 is installed on port 3 of the DP34 switch. Run a check switch and you should be in business

Factory software??

Just wanted to mention the obvious...do you have superdish checked on the installation summary screen? Also make sure the receiver has the latest software version. If it's factory swv, exit signal screen to get the initial software and rerun the test.

Mickdog said:
I think things are straying away from the original thread starter. Lets address his problem.
And we strayed from topic where? Port connections, if he is using legacy receivers, is very relevant. I don't see any irrelevant posts in this thread Mick...In fact there is some very solid advice...like barreling thru each LNBF directly to the receiver to see if each one has signal....this should be his first step.

Jason

After you run the first check switch, I beleive you have to go back and select the superdish feature and run another check switch to detect the 105. I could be wrong as it's been awhile since I installed a Superdish.

Your dish is off just a hair...

You need to shift your dish a hair to the right or the left and peak out the signal on the 105 (or 121) Sat. N.C. basically means that either (a) it isn't pulling any signal from that sat or (b) it isn't hooked up. Order on the Multi-switch doesn't actually matter.

Good Luck,

WTT

DTV/Dishnet/Voom/Dway installer:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts