SuperDish Installation Question

WTT0001 said:
You need to shift your dish a hair to the right or the left and peak out the signal on the 105 (or 121) Sat. N.C. basically means that either (a) it isn't pulling any signal from that sat or (b) it isn't hooked up. Order on the Multi-switch doesn't actually matter.

Good Luck,

WTT

DTV/Dishnet/Voom/Dway installer:D
WTT: I'd recommend that a newbie not make such blanket statements. The guys here have seen MANY installations where the bird order becomes critical.

Hi,

Yes, i do have a DP receiver (i.e. compatible with Superdish).
The problem is that at the LNB side, i have 4 ports. And at the DP34 switch , there are 3 ports. I dont know which one to leave out.
At the back of one of the LNBs , it says FSS, and at the one beside it, it says DBS, and the other 2 are under Dish twin pro..
Also, i've tried most combinations. Only the LNBS from Dish twin Pro appear with "dual" when i test switch. The other two appear as N.C. (No connection)

One more thing, which transponder should i be testing the 119/110 on..

I posted diagrams in post number 2...As I said the outrigger on a SD 121 is 119...it has 2 ports...you only need to use 1 of those two.

Peak 110/119 using transponders 11 & 12
Peak 121 using transponders 15, 16 , 20, & 21

Jason

The retailer channel always replays the installation steps for the Superdish. They assembled the dish, mounting the collector and LOCK EL and Skew settings. Dial in the outrigger head, the head that is beyond the feedhorn arm, and in this case is the 110W then PEAK that by connecting Port 1 satellite in on the DP34. Get the receiver to take a firmware upgrade. Then hook the FSS lead to port 1 of the DP34 and PEAK that, "note there should only be a 1 degree difference" Then connect the outrigger LNBF back into port 1. Once signal is equal or greater than the original reading for the outrigger lnbf, then connect the rest of the cables leaving the FSS lead to PORT 3.

This setup procedure would leave port settings of 110 for 1, 119 for 2, 121 for 3; If you ware using a 121 superdish
The retailer video showed a 105 superdish where port 1 was 119 and port 2 was 110.

If something is fouled up, like a possible bad lnbf, it would stick out like a sore thumb during the process.

And my installer has 105 on port 1, 119 on 3 and it works. Now port 1 &2 are from the superdish and 119 from a single lnb on another dish, if that makes a difference. ?The bottom line is that it works.

I always started out by putting 119 on port 1 and getting the signal that way for the 105 SuperDish then did the check switch without checkmarking SuperDish then I hooked 105 on port 1, 110 on port 2, and 119 on port 3 as the manual stated and fine tuned 105 in then check marked SuperDish and done the check switch. I have heard of many putting 119 on port 1 and 105 on port 3.

I've gotta recommend that you follow the instructions in the manual. There's one in particular - 16 or 17 IIRC.

It's the one that tell you to switch the feeds back to 119, 110, FSS. If you're doing a DPP44, it would be 119, 110, Wing, FSS.

Some people have success with not doing that, but it's VERY dependent on what the receiver configuration is.

Hi again,
I have a similar problem to Shawn. The most i would get is Dual, Dual, and N.C.
I have tried every combination for the ports.
Also, after i check switch (even if i only have one connected), it will never tell me which angle is connected (e.g 110, 119, 121?) . Any suggedtions?
Again, I have A DP34 switch, and a DP 301 Receiver..
I already have a dish (pointing towards 119) installed, and i tried as much as i could to have the superdish installed towards the same direction (skew, elevation, azimuth), however, after i check switch, and test for the strongest signal, it never goes over zero!...

Thank you,
Karim

Did you use the 121 LNB to tune in the dish? The reason is because this one is harder to tune in than 119 or 110. You can tune it in using 119 or 110, but that doesn't mean that you are going to get on 121. You need to tune the dish in using 121 LNB.

I've never had a problem with what sat. is connected to what port. I just hook them to the switch and run a check switch on all the receivers. This has never failed me yet. I think you are wasting time switching the lines to different ports on the switch.

jlhugh said:
... I've never had a problem with what sat. is connected to what port. I just hook them to the switch and run a check switch on all the receivers. This has never failed me yet. I think you are wasting time switching the lines to different ports on the switch.
Refer to what I said in post #27. Maybe all your installs are the same?

There are many reports of software download failures with some receivers -on occasion resulting in a corrupted state requiring an RMA.

When all else fails, read the instructions - which say to end up with 1/2/3 of 119/110/FSS. Sometimes they write that stuff for a reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)