SuperDish Installation Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jimboeau

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Western WI
I will be having a 121 Superdish installed next week and had a few questions. I have installed several Directv dishes for myself and numerous friends and have always been very careful with peaking the dish to get the highest possible signal.

As I mentioned an installer will be installing the 121 Superdish in Wisconsin and I was wondering what are the signal strengths I should be looking for on the 3 different satellites and transponders to know if the guy is peaking the signal as much as possible? BTW I will be installing the 811 and 522.

Any comments would be appreciated. I would like to have some signal strengths in mind for each sat. so I know if he is doing a good job or not. Thanks much....

Hey, I prob am not much help...ahha...but I also live here in the wonderful Wisconsin :). Right now there is a pretty heavy snow storm, you may or may not be in it but I am and these are my signal strengths.

119 is at 80 signal
110 is at 81 signal
121 is at 62 signal (ouch)

My picture is always good except just before I lost signal cuz of frickin snow buildup on my dish from this nice storm...oh well just wiped it off...

Hope I was some help, if not I am sorry...LOL
Got those numbers from the installation/signal screen

2extreme said:
Hey, I prob am not much help...ahha...but I also live here in the wonderful Wisconsin :). Right now there is a pretty heavy snow storm, you may or may not be in it but I am and these are my signal strengths.

119 is at 80 signal
110 is at 81 signal
121 is at 62 signal (ouch)

Thanks.... I'm in Eau Claire and we got dumped on yesterday too. This will give me a starting point anyway.

Anybody else have any info??

jimboeau said:
Thanks.... I'm in Eau Claire and we got dumped on yesterday too. This will give me a starting point anyway.

Anybody else have any info??

No problem...I am looking again at my strengths and no snow coming down and clear and here is what I got now

110 at 98 signal strength
119 at 106 signal strength
121 at 75 signal strength

so better then yesterday during the storm and still great picture as during the storm...

Hope this has been some more help!

110 & 119 should be around 100
121 is lower powered, so 75 is pretty good :)

I know on my setup (separate 30" dish for 121), it shows 76 right now

This is in suburban Minneapolis

2extreme said:
sweet so that means that I am getting average to good signal...

thanks for the info (even though this wasn't my thread :D )

no problem. Now the Original poster has a couple opinions :)

(and yes I know where the he__ Sheboygan is :)

ALL: Please remember that a signal strength is not very meaningful without the corresponding transponder number! Always use (and post) TPs 11 & 12 for 110 & 119.

Simon
My posting 121 signal is for the "you have a Superdish" screen (don't know which TP that is off the top of my head) :)

Cool - that's an easy one to find, too. No idea if it's an "average" strength transponder, but as long as everyone is on the same page, then copmparisons are valid. Somebody should get it's number - and then find a good one of the other polarity.

The big reason to start at 11 for the core birds is to avoid spotbeams and their highly variable strengths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts