Superdish installation question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Since the 105 and 119 LNB are mounted together, is one port for the 119 signal and the other for 105, or is it like a DP twin LNB were both signals are on one port, but when you put them into a switch, 2 separate signals are read?

If I were to connect a receiver directly to one of the ports on the 119/105 LNB, would the receiver read it as a DP single for 119 single port, then 105 DP single on the other?

Thanks!!!!

You actually have 3 LNBs on a SD. 2 of them being DP Duals (119 and 110) and the 3rd being a single (105 or 121 FSS). In most cases, the 3 LNB's are fed into a DP34 switch and the output is ran to your receiver(s). Lately, I've found it beneficial to run a DPP44 switch instead. Saves on lines being ran. Especially with the dual tuners.

As far as running a line directly from the SD into a receiver, it is possible to run any one of the LNBS directly into one

On the picture of the assembly I saw, there was a DP dual sitting out by itself, then it looked like 2 of them were in a bracket together. From the angle, I could only see 2 ports, from the 119 LNB, the ports for the FSS LNB must be on the other side, behind the metal bracket.

So I could connect the 105 LNB directly to the receiver.

Now, it's been a while since I fooled with DP, I remember that you have to connect the DP LNB, run check switch, then....

Is it the odd or even transponders that you use to find the signal? I remember that it will not read on or the other, even if the signal is strong. Then, after getting signal, run the Check Switch again and both would be there.

Assuming everything is set correctly and your mast or pole is perfectly (and I do mean it, the SD is VERY tempermental) plumb, I usually will just peak on the 119 and everything else should (knock on wood) fall in place. The 121 or 105 may be off just a hair, so it sometimes will need a minor tweak with either the EL or Skew settings; usually the EL

miguelaqui said:
On the picture of the assembly I saw, there was a DP dual sitting out by itself, then it looked like 2 of them were in a bracket together. From the angle, I could only see 2 ports, from the 119 LNB, the ports for the FSS LNB must be on the other side, behind the metal bracket.
I have a 121 superdish. On mine, the 119 is the "center" LNB with the 121 LNB to the left under the shroud. The 110 LNB is on the "arm" that sticks out to the side. I was under the impression that with the 105 superdish, it was the 105 LNB that got mounted off to the side on the arm and the 110 and 119 LNBs were under the shroud.

I've attached a picture below to show what webbydude is talking about. The 119 is a dual DP, 110 is a dual DP, and the 105 is a single FSS. Once completely assembled the shroud covers the 110 and 105 LNB's.

Attachments

• 105 assembly.jpg
    105 assembly.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 143
Sorry I dont have a pic at the moment, but the 121 superdish is a bit different. The 119 and 121 LNB's are so close together that they had to design a special LNB with a shared feedhorn. On the 121 LNB's only the 110 is a dual, the 119 and 121 are both single feed LNB's.

the pic that dishworks 222 has is of a SD type 1 dish. Channel master makes a Type 2 superdish. So there are 4 different superdishes a type 1 - 105 / type 2 - 121 / type 2 - 105 / type 2 - 121. The type2 105 dish has a 119 dp dual off to the side, a dbs dp stacked lnb with a feedhorn that has a pointy piece of plastic in front, and a fss dp stacked lnb with a wide feedhorn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts