SuperDish Legacy Hookup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
dlsnyder said:
Yes, I have looked at that. It has been reported elsewhere that they are notoriously difficult to set up and require special LNBs because of the double reflection. They advertise that it is capable of seeing 110, 119, and 148 but I don't think it could see from 148 to 105 even if the special LNB for 105 were available.

Actually the LNB for KU is available, it is only a single output, don't know if that would be a problem. Since 105-148 is 43 degrees, looks like it would just be out of range.

I bet it would be difficult to align when it comes to getting 5 or 6 satellites. I guess it would need an average skew or something among all the sats.

I just checked the price on their online store... the Toridal 90 is $180. The DBS LNBF are $45 each and the KU LNBF is $27. It's a lot cheaper to stay with the SuperDish!!

I am sure you could get a slightly larger dish to make up for the 3 degrees that you are lacking to get 105-148, but some would actually want 101 to go along with that so perhaps the bigger dish you could find would go 7 degrees more.

The special dishes with a dual reflecter would have to have lnbf's that do left hand circular polarization instead of right hand circular polarization with the dishes that have one reflector that we commonly use.

:?: Scott, back in August you posted E* answers to some questions (elsewhere of course). There were answers there about the SuperDish and the 6000. In those answers they had said the 6000 would work without the adapter if you had the DP+4:4 switch which wont be out until 2004. Is this still the case or was everyone misinterpreting their answer at that time?
Second.... the new E* HD package... are all of those HD channels (including Discovery) on the 110 sat.
We have to take our dishes down next week to re-side the house and Im hoping to only have to put the 1 dish back up. The 61.5 has Discovery HD and extra locals that we dont really watch. Most of my locals are on the other dish. Then if I can use the 6000 with the SuperDish with the DP4:4 switch I will wait a littlebit before upgrading..... maybe. :D

SatelliteGAL said:
:?: Scott, back in August you posted E* answers to some questions (elsewhere of course). There were answers there about the SuperDish and the 6000. In those answers they had said the 6000 would work without the adapter if you had the DP+4:4 switch which wont be out until 2004. Is this still the case or was everyone misinterpreting their answer at that time?
Second.... the new E* HD package... are all of those HD channels (including Discovery) on the 110 sat.
We have to take our dishes down next week to re-side the house and Im hoping to only have to put the 1 dish back up. The 61.5 has Discovery HD and extra locals that we dont really watch. Most of my locals are on the other dish. Then if I can use the 6000 with the SuperDish with the DP4:4 switch I will wait a littlebit before upgrading..... maybe. :D

I believe the first question is correct until the DP+4:4 is available next year the 6000 will require the adapter to work with the superdish.

Yes, all 4 HD package channels are on 110. (Discovery,ESPN, HDNETs)
However Showtime HD & HBO HD won't be. They will only be on 61.5/148 until the superdish is available.

Kevin,
Thanx for the reply.
So the key words here are "until the DP+4:4" as long as I dont mind waiting for the switch I wont need the adapter. Im thinking that will probably be the cheaper way to go.

Oh! darn, I forgot about HBO HD. Decisions, decisions.

Bette

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)