superdish loses signal when it storms or rains

lime4x4

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 11, 2004
I've had the 105 super dish since Feb of 2004..Everytime it rains or storms i lose sat signal on all 3 sats.I;ve never had this problem with a dish 500 setup.Any ideas? When i do have signal i have in the high 90's for 110 and 119 50 to 70 on the 105 sat

Perhaps your signal strengths used to be in the 100's, 110's, maybe even 120's before the SuperDish was installed. The installer could have peaked it to have the highest at 105 because it is harder to tune in resulting in it dropping back on 110 and 119. One could either try to have the dish repeaked or have a seperate dish (a Dish500 with DishPro lnbf's) to receive your 110 and 119 signals if you think that would be easier to peak without interrupting the SuperDish. The wires from the Dish500 could be placed into the DP34 switch. I am guessing that the installer took the Dish500 with him.

yes he did..He said he had to that dish wanted it back...But i will mark the dish and mast and move it a little either way and c if i can increase the sat signal on the 105 sat..When i had the dish 500 i was in the 120 range for both sats..When the installer cam he used a sat finder on 119 and peaked it that way.Any adea what's a good transpoder to peak with on the 105 sat?

105 is pretty hard to peak compared to 110 and 119. Dish does not actually want the dishes back for themselves but has the installers to take them which is part of the retailer's payment for doing the install.

90's is pretty good - I'd consider other possiblities:

1) got trees? Perhaps rain or wind is moving leaves around blocking the signal (remember the look angle MUCH higher then where the dish appears to be pointing - don't remember exactly - 45 degrees higher?).

2) Water in connectors?

lime4x4 said:
I've had the 105 super dish since Feb of 2004..Everytime it rains or storms i lose sat signal on all 3 sats.I;ve never had this problem with a dish 500 setup.Any ideas? When i do have signal i have in the high 90's for 110 and 119 50 to 70 on the 105 sat
I have the same problem. I have Superdish 105. Every time the clouds roll in from the south I loose at least the 105 feed. The last two days I have lost all three feeds three times. I never had this problem with my previous dish 300. I live in a field no trees or power lines. Is the 105 a very low power sat.

I have a 105 superdish and I didn't lose any of my signal strength on 110 & 119 as compared to my old dish 500. If you are going to re-peak your dish for 105 I believe you should use the transponder(s) that your locals are carried on. The only time I lost signal was when a storm front blew in with heavy rain and winds in excess of sixty miles per hour. My locals are carried on tp5 and have a power measurement of around 70. When my superdish was installed by Jefferson Home Pilot it was reading around 62. It may pay off to re-peak your dish if you know what you are doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts