Superdish Signal Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Deliboy

Original poster
May 27, 2004
What can be done to alleviate the consistent loss of signal issues due to rain on the Superdish vs. the Dish 500? I never had as many outages as I have now with the Dish 500 as I am having with the Superdish. Dish installers have returned since the initial install of the Superdish to repeak obtaining a much better signal the 2nd time around(now getting signal strengths of: 115 on 110 sat, 123 on 119 sat and 90 on 121 sat). The installers also installed rubber cable grommets to keep water out of the cable ends. Although this has been done, no inprovements have been seen during cloudy/rainy days as far as loss of signal compared to the Dish 500. It would have to be a torrential downpour/thunder/lightning to lose the signal on Dish 500. Total signal loss come 2 to 3 minutes before the rain actually hits on all 3 satellites. Please let me know if anything else can be done here or of any ideas. Thanks much.

Tear out the Superdish.
Put in your old antenna for 110 and 119.
Install a "real" antenna such as a 90 cm Paraclipse offset
for the weaker third satellite.
You may need an auxiliary DISH NETWORK switch to tie
these all together, but it will get rid of your outage problems.

mikekohl said:
Tear out the Superdish.
Put in your old antenna for 110 and 119.
Install a "real" antenna such as a 90 cm Paraclipse offset
for the weaker third satellite.
You may need an auxiliary DISH NETWORK switch to tie
these all together, but it will get rid of your outage problems.

If you are really sure a Dish 500 would not have rain fade you can leave the Super Dish installed and install a Dish 500. The Super Dish uses Dish Pro technology and a DP-34 switch so if you leave the 121 connected to the DP-34 and replace the Superdish 110 &119 with the feeds from the Dish 500 you should have your rain fade cured.

This may be an answer for some folks as to why they are losing all signal on all 3 sats before/during a rain storm. I did find out today from a Dish Retailer walking the neighborhood(trying to sign up others) that some of the weather problems may be due to the lack of a support strut that should be mounted to the rear of the Superdish. The support strut is not there on our dish, not sure why(Dishes own did the install) and the wind may be catching the dish which is on the peak of our roof and moving it during a storm. Maybe this strut should be there???

Deliboy said:
This may be an answer for some folks as to why they are losing all signal on all 3 sats before/during a rain storm. I did find out today from a Dish Retailer walking the neighborhood(trying to sign up others) that some of the weather problems may be due to the lack of a support strut that should be mounted to the rear of the Superdish. The support strut is not there on our dish, not sure why(Dishes own did the install) and the wind may be catching the dish which is on the peak of our roof and moving it during a storm. Maybe this strut should be there???

Dish will furnish the support to installers and it does stabilize the dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts