superdish to dish 1000

ccarbo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Hi, can a person put a triple LNB from dish 1000.2 onto the superdish and point it correctly will this work?? Will the DP34 also work with it? thanks!

I'm sure the LNBF cluster would not be properly aligned and would require modifying the SuperDish arm to get the 1000.2 LNBF in the proper position. Something like some have done using the Dish 500+ LNBF Cluster on a SuperDish 121.

The 1000.2 cluster has a built in switch to feed 3 dual tuner receivers. There would be no need for a DP34 switch unless you wanted to feed 4 single tuner receivers. So then you would need a DPP44 which would allow you to feed 4 dual tuner receivers or 4 single tuner receivers, or any combination.

So what are you really trying to do, remove Sat 121 and add Sat 129 in its place?

If so....
- Option 1: The easiest way is to order a SuperDish 121 Repoint Kit from The Dish Store for $99. It is on their home page, The Dish Store - Powered by Metro25, as a SuperDish 121 to 118.7 Conversion Kit.

Then use your DP34 Switch, your 110 Dual LNBF, the Kit, and you should be able to receive 110, 119, 129, and if you swap the DP34 with a DPP44, you will also get 118.7.

- Option 2: Another low cost way is to buy a $35 DP Dual LNBF and duct tape it to the side of the SuperDish 121 cluster. I've done this, but every month I needed to tighten up the duct tape which weakened do to the sun. :D

EDIT:
I guess Option 1 would be converting a SuperDish 121 (or 105) to either a Dish 500+ or Dish 1000+.
I wonder how Dish records such setup in a Customers Account?

I just seen your other thread at http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/112623-new-dish-coming-out.html

I'm sure Dish will do whatever is the most economical way with equipment availability, to convert your 110/119/121 setup to a 110/119/129 setup; which will also depend on what receivers you now have and what you may be upgrading to.

But I don't think the tech will do any non-standard modifications to make something work, just so that you will have a larger dish pan. So maybe you'll get a Dish 1000, Dish 1000.2, or keep your SuperDish 121 and just swap out the LNBF Cluster.

If you're lucky, he'll use the Repoint Kit and then if you buy a DPP44, you'll have KBS full time, and TVJapan a couple hours everyday.

Hope this helps and good luck on Dec 5. :)

The yolk from a 1000.2 would not fit onto the arm of a superdish. Atleast not directly you would have to modify it to work. A DP-34 would not work with a 1000.2.

Your area is switching over to 129 for locals from 121. There is a repoint kit for the Superdish that will convert it.

Thanks guys for all the info..... it is just interesting to learn this stuff. thanks! :D

Going from a 121 to the repoint would be the easiest. All you have to do is remove the old LNB assembly and replace it with the new. Adjust the dish to pick up the signals, and use same cables back into switch. Run check switch and you are done.

Only thing you could possibly run into is if you had no line of site to the 129. Then you would be looking at moving the dish.

Hi SmityWhity,

If I have to use DP Dual LNBF (CB2008A) in replacement for 121/119, can I still use DP34 switch. Because I already have this switch which drives three receivers. I heard somewhere that DP34 switch cannot be used for CB2008A. I want to find out if you have used it for Dual LNBF. And when you put it to the side of 121, would you able to scan all the internationl channels on 118.7? And how much of adjustments you did for elevation and skew etc. Thanks

- Option 2: Another low cost way is to buy a $35 DP Dual LNBF and duct tape it to the side of the SuperDish 121 cluster. I've done this, but every month I needed to tighten up the duct tape which weakened do to the sun. :D

I'm not familiar with part numbers, but will assume it is a DishPro Dual LNBF which has a black DP on the back of it.

You can use any DishPro (DP) or DishPro compatible LNBF with the DP-34 Switch. That would include the DP Single, DP Dual, DP Twin, DP Quad, SuperDish 105 Cluster, SuperDish 121 Cluster, and the Dish 500+/1000+ Cluster. (Some LNBF must be hooked up in a specific order on the DP-34, depending on what satellite sources the receiver(s) is compatible with.)

There are debates on if you can use a DishPro Plus LNBF, such as the DPP Twin. Dish use to say you can use it provided you ensured power was supplied to the DP34 using 1 of 2 methods, but now advertise it is not compatible with the DP34 switch.

Dish Legacy LNBF are not compatible with the DP-34.

I also think you may have misunderstood me, or maybe I was misleading if the series of threads were not read. In any case, when I taped a DP Dual LNBF to the side of the 121/119 cluster, it was to pick up 129, not 118.7.

If you are looking to modify an LNBF, go to the Technical Sub-Forum, and search Mad Scientist or Poor Man's Dish, and I think you may find some modification info.

Question on this topic?

I decided to go withthis 4 LNB adapter that was suppose to get me the 110, 119, 105 and 91 only to find that I need to make an adapter for it to fit the Superdish. However the Superdish arm is extremely long already and to add the adapter would make it longer. I was thinking of cutting it back about 4 inches to replace the adpter with the 4 port LNB adapter. Would this mess up anything?

I did use the dick tape and put the 129 on the houseing. I got TP5 only. all other tp have no signal... anyone know why this happen and how to fix it. I try up and down, left to right the dish. still no luck..

the best solution for 110/119/129 on a SUPER DISH, is the SUPERDISH 129 REPOINT KIT. This consists of a new ARM (its about 2" shorter, and a new YOKE. You would also need 2 more DP Dual LNBs. You use the one DP Dual that was already on the superdish. There would be no need for a switch change.

These kits work GREAT to pull in the weak 129 signal.

Dont see why you would need the SUPERDISH 118.7 REPOINT KIT that was mentioned, unless you plan to subscribe to something on the 118.7 SAT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)