Superdish to new Pole

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
I have a type 2 Superdish mounted to a treated wooden post currently. The post has unexpectedly started to develop cracks pushing the dish out of allignment. I have installed a metal post directly parallel with the original post. If I detach the superdish and attach it to the new post. Will I require any adjustments or should it be still be pointing in the same direction? I moved the post directly to the Right about 12 inches away from the original post. I'd rather just move it myself if I am not gonna lose the signal. Dishnetwork wants to charge me $99 the cost of the dish in the firstplace.

It should point in the same direction.

I recently moved a dish from one metal pole to another nearby one. I used a string of yarn tied to the first pole and ran it out about 10' toward the satellite. Then I tied a string to the 2nd pole and ran it exactly parallel to the first string.

Then I detached the dish & mounting arm from the first pole, placed it down on the 2nd pole and aligned the arm with the string of yarn. Went in to read the signal strength and it was near perfect, only 3 points off of max.

Once I had the yarn on the ground, the time needed to detach, attach and line up on the 2nd pole took me less than 2 minutes.

PKII said:
Will I require any adjustments or should it be still be pointing in the same direction?
Yes, because there's no way you'll get the left-right swivel exactly right. Well, if you do, it's luck ! :D That said, eyeball it to be as close as you can and snug the clamp, but not 100% snug yet. Check the signal.... Assuming you had good strength before, all you'll want to do now is swivel it right or left and check the signal again. Repeat 'til you're happy with the numbers.

hall said:
Yes, because there's no way you'll get the left-right swivel exactly right. Well, if you do, it's luck ! :D That said, eyeball it to be as close as you can and snug the clamp, but not 100% snug yet. Check the signal.... Assuming you had good strength before, all you'll want to do now is swivel it right or left and check the signal again. Repeat 'til you're happy with the numbers.
ok. Thanks. I thought maybe a little left/right movement might be required but wasn't for sure. I've had the whole dish off the other pole because it was never alligned the correct way to begin with. After I fixed it on the "cracked" pole I got 120ish signal strength. New pole won't move for the next 100 years. lol.

PKII said:
I have a type 2 Superdish mounted to a treated wooden post currently. The post has unexpectedly started to develop cracks pushing the dish out of allignment. I have installed a metal post directly parallel with the original post. If I detach the superdish and attach it to the new post. Will I require any adjustments or should it be still be pointing in the same direction? I moved the post directly to the Right about 12 inches away from the original post. I'd rather just move it myself if I am not gonna lose the signal. Dishnetwork wants to charge me $99 the cost of the dish in the firstplace.
2" pole.......set the dish on the new pole, snug bolts on the clamp that holds the dish to the pole..do not overtighten...snugging the bolts takes the "rock" out of the dish...
now if you do not have a sat meter..Open window, crank volume..........move the dish VERY SLOWLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! side to side.....always peak on the 119 satellite......the LNB is marked "DBS"..once yoy get the highest possible signal, tighten the nuts and that's that....

dishcomm said:
2" pole.......set the dish on the new pole, snug bolts on the clamp that holds the dish to the pole..do not overtighten...snugging the bolts takes the "rock" out of the dish...
now if you do not have a sat meter..Open window, crank volume..........move the dish VERY SLOWLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! side to side.....always peak on the 119 satellite......the LNB is marked "DBS"..once yoy get the highest possible signal, tighten the nuts and that's that....
I agree. Just start with a level mount and say $99.
Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts