superdish Type1 105° w/DP34

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pabeader

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
OTP Georgia
I am wondering if I can use this with a 301 and a 2700 receiver? I don't care about the locals on the 2700. Just want the standard 110° and 119° programming on that one.

I noticed that the 2700 does list the superdish option and there seems to be a number of choices available with this.

My neighbor is moving and is willing to trade my old dish for his newer one. But I don't want to go through the trouble if I'm going to have to buy more stuff.

I'm as cheap as they come. In fact I'm probably cheaper than that.

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere. I spent some time trying to find this answer and have come close but not exactly.

With a DP34 you need a DishPro adapter to run the legacy (2700) receiver. The 301 will be fine.

pabeader said:
I am wondering if I can use this with a 301 and a 2700 receiver? I don't care about the locals on the 2700. Just want the standard 110° and 119° programming on that one.

I noticed that the 2700 does list the superdish option and there seems to be a number of choices available with this.

My neighbor is moving and is willing to trade my old dish for his newer one. But I don't want to go through the trouble if I'm going to have to buy more stuff.

I'm as cheap as they come. In fact I'm probably cheaper than that.

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere. I spent some time trying to find this answer and have come close but not exactly.

I would double check where your locals are located as most were moved off 105 last month. If you already have 110/119 seems like a lot of work for nothing.

pabeader said:

Because the 2700 is a legacy receiver and the DP34 switch is Dish Pro. The 301 is a Dish Pro compatible receiver so you don't have a problem with that receiver. It's a lot cheaper just to replace the legacy receiver.

Two questions:

How do I find out which satellite has my locals?

What, specifically is wrong with the legacy receivers that stops them from working with the DP stuff? In other words, "Why?"

www.dishchannelchart.com

DishPro stacks the frequencies so you get odd and even transponders on the same cable at the same time. The legacy receivers expect either odd or even in the same range, not both. They don't have the capability of working with stacking and can't talk to the newer switches (the DishPro Plus switches and LNBFs emulate a legacy switch when they detect a legacy receiver, but the standard DishPro stuff doesn't). Why? I don't know but that's how it works.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts