Superfan package required for hd baseball

Status
Please reply by conversation.
over at d*s website, it says only 2 channels will be dedicated for hi-def games. seems to me like you would need more than 2 channels, if you're broadcasting every game in hd......especially the first round.

also, i only thought they were broadcasting the first 3 rounds.

So the early bird special for MLB EI is basically $160 (4 x $39.99 =$159.96), plus another $39 for SuperFan....$199 for the season...

So the early bird special for MLB EI is basically $160 (4 x $39.99 =$159.96), plus another $39 for SuperFan....$199 for the season...

Does it say how long the Early Bird special lasts ?
A week or so into the season I hope, that way you can get an idea weather or not you find the investment useful.
Only 10 games a week in HD doesn't sound very impressive, perticularly if they are not your teams in HD.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Where else are you gonna find 10 games in HD, that also might not include the ESPN games...plus maybe most or all games in 2008. Geeeeez, you guys just like to complain. good golly, be happy.

Jimbo,

I am talking from experience the early bird special will only last the day before the regular season starts. If you wait until after the season starts the price goes back to normal. They will offer a half season price after the All Star break, but that is about it. I just called D* to add the SuperFan and could not swing a deal. I have had the MLB package for the last three years, but no can do. $9.75 for four months.

Jimbo,

I am talking from experience the early bird special will only last the day before the regular season starts. If you wait until after the season starts the price goes back to normal. They will offer a half season price after the All Star break, but that is about it. I just called D* to add the SuperFan and could not swing a deal. I have had the MLB package for the last three years, but no can do. $9.75 for four months.

I guess thats not that bad really, I'd like to keep track of the Red Sox and the Tigers, Detroit being the closest to me. (48 miles) Would all the Detroit games be blacked out for me being that close, seeing I can get them on FSN Detroit ?
They will not allow me to have the HD feed only SD but I bet they also would black me out on the EI package.

I wishnthey could give me a definate answer, they originally told me that I would definatly get the FSN -D in HD and that is not happening either.
I don't want to get stuck again paying for something that will not benifit me.

Jimbo

jimbo, on d's website, it says the early bird ends april 15.

Thanks iceturkee,
I just hadn't had a chance to check it out yet.
Still undecided weather to do it or not.
The Tigers for me will be on FSN Detroit most of the year (SD only until like August), I kinda doubt that ESPN will pick them up in HD much and if the did it would probably be blacked out, like the few that they had last year.
And the Red Sox will be on ESPN in HD at least 19 times this year vs the Yanks, so I may not jump into the MLB EI just yet.

For my situation, anyone see a reason why I should or should not get the MLB EI w/SF ?

Jimbo

i dunno jimbo, i guess it depends on your fave team and how frequently they may end up in hd.

since i love the cubbies and reds, i probably would have to invest in sf......although, i certainly would check both the fox and espn skeds first. having the marlins in hd this season does help. hope they have a decent season this year. but am fearful of sophomore slump and a new manager, not named girardi!!!

Usually there is a free preview for the first week of the season. Hopefully the SF package will be part of that preview and everyone can see what they can expect the rest of the year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts