Superstation package - Does it still exist?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NR2D

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
Laurel Springs NJ
I was just on the E* trying to look at the best pricing package compared to what I have now. My package includes the Superstations (WGN, KTLA, KWGN, WSBK) package BUT I can't seem to find this package now. I do find WGN on the Gold and Platinum packages. Has E* done away with the Superstation package??:confused: :confused:
Also Is there a page on the E* site showing exactly what HD channels are in each package. Again I couldn't find it but maybe I didn't look hard enough!

Rich Dunklee
NR2D

It is still there. It amy not be obvious on the site but it is there. EVERYBODY wants to kill the superstations.

NOTE When you check to see if you qualify for locals it should also tell you if you qualify for the superstsations.

Last edited:
WGN is not part of the Superstations. WGN is part of AT120 and up.

KTLA, KWGN, WSBK, WPIX and WWOR are part of the superstations package. This package only displays in the "Locals" qualification screen.
https://customersupport.dishnetwork....prepAddress.do

See ya
Tony

Tony, you are correct. After I posted I went back and looked again. I just wish I could find a currect price for it. Since you brought up the local qualifications screen, if I get all my local OTA HD with no problems is the ONLY advantage to the extra 5/month getting the program guides for the locals? To me, at least I can look up in the paper TV guide and find out whats on.

Rich Dunklee
NR2D

Tom Bombadil said:
Now that the WB and UPN have merged, there is going to be a lot of duplicate programming across the Superstation package.
I'm not sure if I buy that. Right now, 3 of the superatations are WB and 2 are UPN. If you only consider the network programming, then you basically have two choices (with WB programming time-shifted).

Post merger, I suspect that 4 of the superstations will be part of the new CW network and 1 will become independent. That still means you only have two unique choices in the package.

I think you can purchase any of the superstations individually on an ala carte basis for $1.50. If you see a lot of duplication that might be a way to save a few bucks per month.

Ther will be no more duplication than you have now--perhaps less. Right now you have 3 WBs all with Tribune as an aowner that show the same network fare and similar syndicated stuff. They will be CW affilaites. Right now WWOR and WSBK are UPN affiliates. If they ahve any more diverse ptogramming than before you will see less duplication.

Tom Bombadil said:
Now that the WB and UPN have merged, there is going to be a lot of duplicate programming across the Superstation package.

Not really, WWOR and WSBK are going Independent in September, the other 3 will be CW, however they are in 3 different time zones, CW programing will be on 3 different times on these 3 channels. If anything come September their will be more variety on the Supers then now.

Chris Freeland said:
Not really, WWOR and WSBK are going Independent in September, the other 3 will be CW, however they are in 3 different time zones, CW programing will be on 3 different times on these 3 channels. If anything come September their will be more variety on the Supers then now.

yep, I came to the same conclusion and that will make me keep the package (unless CW just sucks)