Superstation package worth it???

sullic82

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
I got the multisport package but it sucks. So i looked into the superstation package and it looks better should i switch or keep the multisport package or get rid of both. Anyone who has had the superstation package have any input??? Thanks

Most people use the stations to buy an individual WB or UPN if they don't have one available in your locals. Other wise you can find most of the syndication programming they carry on your local stations

I would recommend getting a single station from the opposite coast from where you live. When the CW starts in September you can time shift easier.

Since UPN and WB are merging together the Super Stations may be useless soon.

Superstations consist of the following:

KTLA TV 5 (WB to be CW) Los Angeles
WPIX TV 11 (WB to be CW) New York
KWGN TV 2 (WB to be CW) Denver
WSBK TV 38 (UPN to be Ind.) Boston
WWOR TV 9 (UPN to be MNTV) Secaucus, NJ

See ya
Tony

You can sub to individual channels for $1.50/month. I added WPIX/New York last year so I can watch the Mets on the weenend...no blackouts!

I thought it was when I had Dish. Only cost $9.00/month with locals included. Since I was on the West Coast, I got to see some of the shows earlier than expected. Also, the LA WB feed was cleaner than my local SF WB feed. We also got a few out of town baseball games too.

berck
That 8.99 locals/supers pack is long gone. new customers pay 5.99 per option (5.99 for locals, 5.99 for Supers)

yeah it's been gone for a while. Everytime I change something on my account I always make sure I still have the $9 superstation pkg and IHSP/DHP on my account in case a CSR tries to get sneaky or fumbles on their keyboard.

Last edited:
I had them. I get UPN and WB ota, so I droped them and four 4 bucks more moved for HDSILVER to HDGOLD and got more for my $. Not much on them anyway.

I had the Supers for a couple reasons
-I had no UPN or WB in my market so these helped out
-WPIX & WWOR has baseball games on them and KTLA has Clippers games. There are also some ESPN+ stuff on there.

I have them because of the aforementioned....I want the ESPN+ stuff and local sports, if any, in the fall/winter. I just got Dish, so I am still experimenting. If I get the sports I want, I am keeping them...if not, adios.

And yes, the multi-sports package is kinda useless when everything is always blacked out.

I installed Dish in early May and I don't think I have watched anything on the Superstations yet. I should probably drop them since I just had this I want everything attitude when I signed up.

The superstations were great for sports back in 1998 when....

WWOR had like 80 Mets games
WPIX had about 80 Yankees games
KTLA had Dodgers games
KWGN had Rockies games
and WSBK had Bruins games

but now all you have for sports is

40 Mets games on WPIX
20 Yankees games on WWOR
and the Clippers on KTLA

In between 2001 and 2004, WSBK had about 30 Red Sox games a year but they are now exclusive to NESN.

The superstations are worth it if you want the above sports but they are worth it if lets say you miss a syndicated rerun or CW show you can catch it on KTLA or KWGN and they're good for newscasts because all the superstations have newscasts from their area.

Being that my wife is from Philly she wishes that WPSG was a superstation, she gets mad that I get to see Mets games but the evil empire called Comcast won't distribute CSN-Philly to satellite.

They also used to be great for sci-fi and fantasy. They had Star Trek, Buffy, and Angel. Before that they had the Hercules series & spinoffs. They used to be on a lot in our house.

But I dropped them last year when I noticed that that no one watched them anymore.

At one time, they were one of the driving reasons why we had Dish instead of cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts