Superstation package worth it???

I think the Superstations are DEFINITELY worth the extra $5.99. The grandfathered $1.99 warranty can't be beat when you got DVR's and/or multiple receivers especially if you have a SuperDish.

Stargazer said:
I think the Superstations are DEFINITELY worth the extra $5.99. The grandfathered $1.99 warranty can't be beat when you got DVR's and/or multiple receivers especially if you have a SuperDish.

Does this mean that you get a warranty on maintanence for $2 if you get the superstations for $6, vs $6 for just the insurance? Or, is this about the old timers deals?

It is 2 different things. the 1.99 warranty is not available anymore, if you have it you were grandfathered in, but it cannot be added anymore. The 5.99 for the Superstations is available to everyone.

you're right im sorry, I only qualify for the WB stations not the UPN stations. Can you still add stations for 1.50 a piece, or is it 5.99 no matter how many you qualify for. I only qualify for 3, which would be 4.50 total ( i already get WSBK UPN38 as part of my locals.)

I have the Superstation channels here in Syracuse, NY as Dish doesn't carry the local UPN. So I get like 2 UPN's, I think one out of Colorado and one out of California. I also have I think 2 or 3 WB's. I like it as if I cam watching something on WB or if I forget to DVR it I can just DVR one from the West coast. I like having them just purely for convenience as I now have an OTA antenna with rotator and I now get my local UPN. Once CW comes who knows what channels I will be left with.

both UPN's are East Coast (WSBK Boston and WWOR NY)
WB has East, Mountain and West coast feeds (WPIX NY, KWGN Denver and KTLA LA respectivelly)

With UPN and WB going away and the CW and My TV on the way the need for this package might change, if they add a HD feed, everyone might want it.

We will have to keep a watch.

I noticed WWOR 9 is already My 9, are they going to be a My TV network?

had them

I once had all the superstations in the Philly area even though Dish says I shouldn't have gotten WWOR or WSBK. Perhaps I got them all beacuse I bought the package back in Feb. 2000. I don't believe UPN or The WB existed and it was ok to have them all and they just left me alone.

Anyway it became the only thing i was watching on them was the 7 and 7:30pm showing of King of Queens on WWOR. I decided to drop all the supers and HBO to try and cut back my Dish bill. I now have my 522 set up to record all occurences of King of Queens on WSPG and all new episodes on KYW. Now that it's summer i'm only getting the reruns on WPSG and I watch them all as a group usually on the weekend.

Just my opinion of course. If you're into sports then I suppose they're worth having.

Ron

alot of the Fox Owned UPN stations have already reverted to the "My" ID'ing

WFTC in Minneapolis (the UPN station which is owned by Fox) dropped the "UPN" from their name a long time ago and was called "WFTC 29" and now they're called "My 29"

TNGTony said:
Superstations consist of the following:

KTLA TV 5 (WB to be CW) Los Angeles
WPIX TV 11 (WB to be CW) New York
KWGN TV 2 (WB to be CW) Denver
WSBK TV 38 (UPN to be Ind.) Boston
WWOR TV 9 (UPN to be MNTV) Secaucus, NJ

See ya
Tony

Exactly what criteria is applied that classifies these five stations as SUPERSTATIONS?

They are designaed that way under SHVERA. It allows cableand satellite providers to carry these. D* has chosen not to and few cable providerss carry them. But E* does.

Their programming is described throughout this thread and in other threads on the same subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts