superstation packages

5 conus HD feeds....one transponder (technically they can cram up to 8 if they wanted)

5 spotbeamed feeds...one spotbeam transponder.....not wasting conus space so they can put other conus HD channels :)

The one nice thing if your a news geek, is the chance to watch the news in LA and NY, I dont have the superstations pack right now, but when I did, the news could be intresting!

What is the primary reason that the Superstations subscribers aren't offered the HD feeds of the channels? Is it contractual (program providers protecting the local markets with the HD feeds), transponder space, or something else.

If its transponder space...how much more space would 5 conus hd feeds take up as compared to 5 spotbeamed hd feeds?

Dish does not need a contract to carry the superstations in SD or HD. Thy simply pay a copyright fee. I could speculate on why DISH has no HD feeds but that is all it would be.

Here is something else to think about..

WWOR MyN 9 is owned by Fox. Isn't is conceivable that WWOR will longer be available effective November 1st? That would be for everyone Dish in the NYC area along with it being a "Dish Network provided" Superstation.

Let the comments on this one begin..

I agree it may not be available in the NY area but Fox does not have to consent to its carriage as a superstaion.

Right. This happened once before with WWOR. The station was available nationwide, but not in NYC due to a carriage consent dispute. Superstations are governed under different ruled than local stations. WWOR is a superstation outside the NYC market. It is a local station within the NYC area.

But since it is a superstation there will always be people analyzing the news and predicting its demise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts