Superstation WWOR Baseball Blackouts

Ron Tobin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Can anyone tell me if Dish is blacking out NY Yankee games on WWOR for those subscribing to this superstation and not living in the New York DMA? I want to subscribe to this station for the purpose of getting the Friday night Yankee games. I've called Dish customer support several times and have gotten conflicting responses.

Thanks

Iceberg said:
they weren't last year...neither were the Mets games on WPIX

Only ones were Red Sox on WSBK

Of course the Red Sox are not on WSBK this year, so not doesn't matter. I did have Mets and Yankees on those stations when I was not living in the dma, and know my Dad could watch them on those channels in Florida.

garys said:
..............and know my Dad could watch them on those channels in Florida.

Is your Dad getting the Yankees this year? They were on WWOR last night as well as a week ago Friday?

Ch. 9 UPN

I doubt they'd be blacked out, I get the White Soxs games on WGN and I'm not in the Chicago market, I get both Ch.9 and 11 but I live in CT.

dfecarter said:
I doubt they'd be blacked out, I get the White Soxs games on WGN and I'm not in the Chicago market, I get both Ch.9 and 11 but I live in CT.

I doubt it too, since it's a "superstation" and games on the Atlanta and Chicago superstations are not blacked out. But getting a straight answer out of Dish customer support is an adventure. I'm just looking for confirmation from someone, not in the NY DMA.

Thanks

The yankee game was on last nite in Colorado (not that I wasted my time watching it) and should be on every friday nite if I remember correctly.

Ron Tobin said:
I doubt it too, since it's a "superstation" and games on the Atlanta and Chicago superstations are not blacked out. But getting a straight answer out of Dish customer support is an adventure. I'm just looking for confirmation from someone, not in the NY DMA.

Thanks

WGN and TBS aren't superstations in the legal sense. They're full fledged cable networks that own the national rights to the programming they show.

and TBS blacks out games and so does WGN

TBS blacks out up to 100 mile radius from the opposing teams area (If the Braves are on the road)

WGN does it for the White Sux (when they play in MN we in the Twin Cities are blacked out of the WGN feed)

Yankees games on WWOR, as of last night's game anyway, are not being blacked out for out-of-market Superstation or a la carte subscribers. Enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)