Superstations

TNGTony said:
Because your local stations decided to excersize their right of syndicated exclusivity. Instead of provviding a channel where Dish has to black out programs at the requesto of local channels, Dish will save everyone the trouble and just not offer the channel in that area.

See ya
Tony

Again it must be so since i've had the superstations since 2000, but I get all five of the superstations and according to dish i'm not eligible for either of the UPN's, wwor, and wsbk.

Wonder what willhappen to wwor when it is no longer a upn, but a indie. Don't know about wsbk. In Philly our upn is becoming cs and our wb is going to be an indie.

Ron

Last edited:
KWGN DID have Rockies baseball. When I first signed up in 2000 they had them, but then didn't the next season.....

It will be interesting to see what happens this fall when UPN and the WB merge to form the C & W.....

Are we going to have five feeds of the same programs, or will a few spin off to become independents again (WWOR and WPIX will be duplicated for one......)

BobMurdoch said:
KWGN DID have Rockies baseball. When I first signed up in 2000 they had them, but then didn't the next season.....

It will be interesting to see what happens this fall when UPN and the WB merge to form the C & W.....

Are we going to have five feeds of the same programs, or will a few spin off to become independents again (WWOR and WPIX will be duplicated for one......)

WPIX is going to be the Cw in NYC, WWOR is going to be an indie again.

Ron

This is actually good news. UPNs affiliates had zero content that interested me (OK, I MIGHT have given Veronica Mars a try, but when UPN killed Enterprise I boycotted the network out of spite)

Two independent channels might become watcheable if they start showing a lot of older movies or syndicated content that isn't seen in other places.....

TNGTony said:
WTBS is attributed as the first national "superstation" for cable TV dating to the mid 70s. This is how Ted baby made his billions. Before that, the "superstations" were regional and distributed mostly by terrestrial microwave links. I know that WWOR (then just WOR) was a "superstation" distributed by terrestrial microwave going back to the 60s.

See ya
Tony
Yup - sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant via satellite to consumers, but even then I might be wrong - WTBS might've beat them.

Yragha said:
Is anyone eligible for these? KTLA, WPIX, KWGN, WSBK and WWOR

Are these available to subscribe on the website or do I have to pay a "order fee" and call and talk to someone?

Thank you.

I have them..I live in NC.....Originally from the NY metro area so I get to see the news from home on PIX and WOR.....
Just order away!

I called in to get them..try the site first.....then call if nec.

Tom Bombadil said:
But I kept WSBK because they carry some Red Sox shows during baseball season.
As long as you really mean the half-hour shows and not the games. WSBK is supposed to be completely shut out of Red Sox games this year. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)