Supreme Court ruled in favor of TV Networks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
honestly with the proliferation of high speed internet, paid for tv services whether its cable or satellite is stagnated industry, with very little to no future growth.

With the power of the NAB, I did expect that ruling; though I think it is absolutely incorrect.

I just saw a commercial for/by the NAB last night. I wondered what was up. Now I know they were trying to butter up to make this palatable. Count me disgusted on this!

Reactions: Elkview
Here is what I would like to see.

I see a New "Aereo" Slingbox coming out soon, which you can buy at Best Buy or online and send to your local Aereo POP It will plus into the existing Aereo Antenna system and will allow you reception of your locals via your Slingbox. Aereo will then charge a monthly hosting fee instead of the DVR fee they are charging now.

Since the Slingbox has already been ruled as being legal this would get around all this crap once and for all.

What about the ruling makes sending the signal through an additional device ok, and not just obviously trying to work around the copyright, something they claimed they weren't trying to do as it is with the individual antenna scheme?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

In a brief look things it seemed they ruled that the copyright violation was the storage and charging for that storage on Aereos DVR's.

But despite that it still constitutes a public performance? So not sure how adding Sling changes that. I haven't read much myself yet.
Nope as was argued before the supreme court the Slingbox is considered a private performance.

The big issue here was the storage and making people pay to access the DVR stored content is what seemed to have gotten Aereo.

What is interesting is they seem to give a Wink and a Nod at the end...

Given the limited nature of this holding, the Court does not believe its decision will discourage the emergence or use of different kinds of technologies.

The big issue here was the storage and making people pay to access the DVR stored content is what seemed to have gotten Aereo.

Well, that shocks me because Comcast's cloud DVR has already been allowed. Can Aereo simply disconnect the cloud DVR service and go to live streaming?

You can't fight the nab.Charlie can attest to that.Thats ok though, the bubble is still going to burst and the nab can put that in thier pipe and smoke it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So basically you need to pay the nab whatever they want, if you want thier programming.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts