Surely Not Good - And Somewhat a Surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
joedekock said:
So in WWII after VE day, and staring down a showdown with Japan, knowing that we were going to lose hundreds of thousands of lives, (I believe the predicted number was 1 million), because the Japanese were a more determined enemy, we should have pulled out, right? Because we had already defeated Germany with our allies, and lost 200,000 young hero's... right? Wrong, and its the same here with the insurgency in Iraq. We are fighting insurgency led by a man (Zarqawi) who is working with Bin Laden, who happens to be the man who planned numerous attacks on us in the the US, the last of which killed 3,000 men and women. So war is not the answer? What is the answer. For every person who is so critical about this war right now, they don't have a policy to keep the insurgents on the run the way they are now. You cannot leave now, and let them run that country. It will be in the same shape it was when Saddam was leading it. Don't you understand that?

And thank God that President Truman made the decision to protect all those projected number of dead American young men's lives before invading Japan by dropping the A Bomb. He was only carrying out orders that FDR was planning all along. I wish democrats today had the sack that FDR, Hoover, and JFK had when it came to securing and protecting our country. I do not agree with most of their policies, but they were right on when it came to protecting freedom. No democrat in office today has a sack like that.
Amen!!!!!!

joedekock said:
I wish democrats today had the sack that FDR had when it came to securing and protecting our country.
Yeah, I just loved the way he ordered all the ships tied together at Pearl Harbor to keep them from excaping the aftermath of the Japanese attack. Come to think of it, polititians today, apparently learned a lot from FDR.

Al

yeah, old FDR.

pack the supreme court. social security ponzi scheme. married his cousin. gave away half of Europe to uncle Joe at Yalta.

real role model to todays libs.:rolleyes:

no guys, the Roosevelt with gonads of brass was teddy. you remember, the Republican Roosevelt, the one who spoke softly and carried a large piece of lumber.:)

HokieEngineer said:
Japanese military attacked us. We killed around 140,000 with one bomb. Most of those were civilians.

You make many false assertions. Why would liberals hate all the things you say? There would be no insurgents if we had not invaded Iraq in the first place. Now we are stuck occupying a country with multiple factions who all dislike each other. BILLIONS of dollars have been spent, with very little results. I would argue we could have improved our borders and domestic infrastructure with that money. Money that is being used to rebuild Iraqi streets and buildings.

War is not the answer, and an increasing percentage of Americans are finally realizing that.

Wrong. The "insurgents" would still have the same belief system (destroy America & Israel) if we went to Iraq or not. Iraq has given them a battleground that is true, but I would rather fight them there than here. People don't seem to realize that this problem is not going to go away-it will have to be dealt with at some point in time. Bush is trying to deal with it by fighting a "limited war" and you can argue that is not the most effective method. But I don't see how anyone can argue that we should do nothing. We lost nearly 3000 people and took a massive hit to the economy. We are a strong nation but we can not suffer attacks like that indefinitely.

dragon002 said:
we are not giving a time line, hell we didn't give Hitler or general lee one did we?

we are there until its over, end of story!!!

Amen! A timetable is a formula for defeat. All they have to do then is hold out to a certain date and they have won! Be very suspicious of anyone wanting a "timetable".

Eric Goempel said:
And the people in NO that moved out ALL had an EQUAL chance to get jobs when they moved out to other places. Whyy is it that only the people that had jobs and homes in NO are the ones that got jobs elsewhere. The freeloaders kept right on being freeloaders.

Absolutely Right! :up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)